Fritz Pauli attended high school in Cologne and studied law at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn , Silesian Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität and the Royal University of Greifswald . In 1852 he became a member of the Corps Marchia Breslau . In 1853 he joined the Corps Palatia Bonn . After completing his studies, he was an auscultator at the Regional Court of Cologne and the Regional Court of Aachen as well as a trainee lawyer with the government in Cologne and then an assessor with the government in Stettin . As a result of the press resonance of 1863, he resigned from civil service at his own request.
From 1863 to 1867 and then again from 1868 to 1874 Pauli was a left-wing liberal member of the Prussian House of Representatives . From 1867 to 1871 he was a non-attached member of the Reichstag of the North German Confederation for the constituency of Cologne 2 ( Cologne-Land ). In this capacity he was also a member of the Customs Parliament from 1868 to 1870 .
- Bernd Haunfelder , Klaus Erich Pollmann : Reichstag of the North German Confederation 1867–1870. Historical photographs and biographical handbook (= photo documents on the history of parliamentarism and political parties. Volume 2). Droste, Düsseldorf 1989, ISBN 3-7700-5151-3 .
- Fritz Pauli in the database of members of the Reichstag
- Fritz Pauli biography . In: Heinrich Best : database of the members of the Reichstag of the Empire 1867/71 to 1918 (Biorab - Kaiserreich)
- Kösener corps lists 1910, 31 , 36
- Kösener corps lists 1910, 25 , 223
- Mann, Bernhard (edit.): Biographical manual for the Prussian House of Representatives. 1867-1918 . Collaboration with Martin Doerry , Cornelia Rauh and Thomas Kühne. Düsseldorf: Droste Verlag, 1988, p. 295 (handbooks on the history of parliamentarism and political parties: vol. 3); for the election results see Thomas Kühne: Handbook of elections to the Prussian House of Representatives 1867–1918. Election results, election alliances and election candidates (= handbooks on the history of parliamentarism and political parties. Volume 6). Droste, Düsseldorf 1994, ISBN 3-7700-5182-3 , pp. 705-708.
- Bernd Haunfelder , Klaus Erich Pollmann : Reichstag of the North German Confederation 1867-1870. Historical photographs and biographical handbook (= photo documents on the history of parliamentarism and political parties. Volume 2). Droste, Düsseldorf 1989, ISBN 3-7700-5151-3 , photo p. 248, short biography p. 447.
- Fritz Specht, Paul Schwabe: The Reichstag elections from 1867 to 1903. Statistics of the Reichstag elections together with the programs of the parties and a list of the elected representatives. 2nd Edition. Carl Heymann Verlag, Berlin 1904, p. 173.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German lawyer, civil servant and politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 4, 1832|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Cologne|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 18, 1898|
|Place of death||Großkönigsdorf|