Klaus Erich Pollmann
life and work
After studying at the Philipps University of Marburg and the Free University of Berlin , Pollmann was a research assistant at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich and at the Technical University of Braunschweig from 1967 to 1972 . He was born in 1971 with Walter Bußmann at the Philosophical and Social Science Faculty of the University of Karlsruhe (TH) with the dissertation of State Church Regiment and Social Issues. The Protestant upper church council of the old Prussian regional church and the socio-political movement of the clergy after 1890 for Dr. phil. PhD. In 1978 he qualified as a professor for Modern History with the thesis Parliamentarism in the North German Confederation 1867–1870 at the Technical University of Braunschweig.
In 1982 Pollmann was appointed Professor of Modern History; from 1987 to 1989 he was dean of the faculty for philosophy and social sciences at the TU Braunschweig. He was then visiting professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1990) and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (1991). In 1993 he was appointed professor of modern history at the Otto von Guericke University in Magdeburg . From 1996 to 1998 he was the dean of the faculty for humanities, social and educational sciences there. His academic students include: a. Helmuth Albrecht , Rainer Maaß , Ramona Myrrhe and Karlheinz Weißmann .
From 1998 to 2012, Pollmann succeeded Thomas Strothotte as Rector of Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg . His successor in office was Jens Strackeljan . From 2000 to 2004 and from 2006 to October 31, 2008, Pollmann was also President of the Saxony-Anhalt State Rectors 'Conference and a member of the Saxony-Anhalt / Thuringia State Board of Trustees of the Donors' Association for German Science . In 2007 he took over the chairmanship of the Science Center Saxony-Anhalt (WZW).
Pollmann is married.
- 2007: Gruson plaque of honor from the Association of German Engineers (VDI)
- 2012: Honorary senator of the Technical University of Ilmenau
- 2013: Federal Cross of Merit, 1st class
- 2018: Order of Merit of the State of Saxony-Anhalt
Klaus Erich Pollmann Research Promotion Prize
In 2013 Karin Witte awarded the Klaus-Erich-Pollmann Research Promotion Prize, endowed with 5000 euros, to doctoral students whose work has received summa cum laude . The prize is advertised by the rectorate of the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg . The scientists Manja Krüger, Anna Dittrich and Alexander Bastian were honored for their work in 2013.
- Sovereign church regiment and social question. The Protestant upper church council of the old Prussian regional church and the socio-political movement of the clergy after 1890 (= publications of the Historical Commission in Berlin . Volume 44). With a foreword by Walter Bussmann . de Gruyter, Berlin 1973, ISBN 3-11-003998-2 .
- The Brunswick Constitution of 1832. Published by the Lower Saxony State Center for Political Education , Hanover 1982.
- Edited with Werner Pöls : Modern Braunschweigische Geschichte. Georg Olms Verlag, Hildesheim 1982, ISBN 3-487-07316-1 .
- Parliamentarism in the North German Confederation 1867–1870 (= Handbook of the History of German Parliamentarism ). Droste, Düsseldorf 1985, ISBN 3-7700-5130-0 .
- With Hans-Jochen Vogel : Erich Ollenhauer and the German social democracy. Speeches on the occasion of the 90th anniversary of his birthday in Magdeburg . Edited by Dieter Dowe . Department of Social and Contemporary History of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung , Bonn 1991, ISBN 3-926132-67-1 .
- Ed .: Abbot Johann Friedrich Wilhelm Jerusalem (1709–1789). Contributions to a colloquium on the occasion of the 200th anniversary of his death (= Braunschweiger Werkstücke . Volume A). City Library, Braunschweig 1991.
- Ed .: Wilhelm Bracke. Contributions to the colloquium on May 29, 1992 (= Kleine Schriften . Volume 24). City archive, Braunschweig 1992.
- Ed .: The difficult way into the post-war period. The Evangelical Lutheran Regional Church in Braunschweig 1945–1950 (= Studies on the Church History of Lower Saxony . Volume 34). Commissioned by the Evangelical Lutheran Regional Church in Braunschweig for Braunschweig Church History. Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, Göttingen 1995, ISBN 3-525-55239-4 .
- Ed .: Church in the fifties. The Braunschweig Evangelical Lutheran Regional Church . Commissioned by the Evangelical Lutheran Regional Church in Braunschweig for Braunschweig Church History. Landeskirchliches Archiv, Braunschweig 1997, ISBN 3-00-002207-4 .
- Ed .: The Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg. Festschrift . mdv, Halle (Saale) 2003, ISBN 3-89812-207-7 .
- Ramona Myrrhe (Ed.): History as a profession. Festschrift for the 65th birthday of Klaus Erich Pollmann. Democracy and dictatorship, Protestantism and political culture . Stekovics, Dößel 2005, ISBN 3-89923-101-5 .
- Werner Schuder (Ed.): Kürschner's German Scholars Calendar 2005. 20th edition. Volume II. Saur, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-598-23612-3 .
- Literature by and about Klaus Erich Pollmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Klaus Erich Pollmann in the German Digital Library
- Search for Klaus Erich Pollmann in the SPK digital portal of the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Career of Klaus Erich Pollmann (PDF file; 89 kB) on uni-magdeburg.de
- Communication from the state capital Magdeburg. at magdeburg.de, accessed on November 17, 2012.
- Communication from the University of Magdeburg. at uni-magdeburg.de, accessed on November 17, 2012.
- Gruson plaque of honor from the VDI. Association of German Engineers, accessed on December 11, 2019 .
- Honorary Senators ( Memento of March 8, 2014 in the Internet Archive ), TU Ilmenau, accessed on February 11, 2014.
- Prime Minister Haseloff presents the Federal Order of Merit to four Saxony-Anhalters . State Chancellery of Saxony-Anhalt, press release no. 530/2013, October 16, 2013. Accessed October 21, 2013.
- University awards Klaus Erich Pollmann Research Prize for the first time . In: Volksstimme , May 25, 2013. Accessed February 12, 2014.
|SURNAME||Pollmann, Klaus Erich|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 12, 1940|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Duisburg|