At the age of 15, Morel left home to study film in Lyon. Eventually he moved to Paris, where he met the successful French director André Téchiné in 1994 , who promptly hired him for the lead role in his film Wilde Hearts ( Les Roseaux sauvages ), which was later awarded a César . Morel himself achieved the breakthrough. Not only did many critics praise him for his performance, he was also nominated for a César as the most promising young actor.
In contrast to his other acting colleagues from Wilde Herzen , Frédéric Gorny , Élodie Bouchez and Stéphane Rideau , for whom the film began a successful acting career, Morel decided to pursue a career behind the camera, as this had always been his real passion. As a director, he regularly brought his former acting partner Stéphane Rideau in front of the camera for his projects.
- 1994: Wild Hearts (Les Roseaux sauvages) - Director: André Téchiné
- 2001: Far Away (Loin) - Director: André Téchiné
- 1994: La Vie à rebors
- 1996: Full Speed (À toute vitesse)
- 1998: Fresh snow (Premières neiges)
- 2002: Les Chemins de l'oued
- 2004: Brotherly Love (Le Clan)
- 2007: the day that changed everything (après lui)
- 2008: New Wave (TV)
- 2011: Our Paradise (Notre paradis)
- 2007: Chanson of love (Les Chansons d'amour)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French actor and director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 25, 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Villefranche-sur-Saône|