Gennady Nikolayevich Aigi
Gennadiy Aygi ( Chuvash Геннадий Николаевич Айхи , Russian Геннадий Николаевич Айги * 21st August 1934 in Schaimursino , Chuvashia , † 21st February 2006 in Moscow ) was born, as Gennadi Nikolayevich Lisin was a Chuvash poet , who on Russian and Chuvash wrote . He has received numerous awards and is considered a candidate for the Nobel Prize for Literature .
life and work
The poet Gennadi Aigi was born in Shaimursino in what is now the Republic of Chuvashia. He belongs to the Chuvash ethnic minority.
His adopted Chuvash name means something like "the one there", "the same". His first poems in the 1950s were published in Chuvash. The volume of poetry with which Gennady Aigi wanted to complete his studies at the Maxim Gorky Institute for Literature in Moscow in 1957 was rejected. In 1958 he was expelled from the Komsomol and the Institute of Literature for "writing a hostile volume of poetry which undermines the foundations of the method of socialist realism ". At the beginning of the 1960s his verses first appeared in samizdat , later also in tamizdat .
Encouraged by his poet friend Boris Pasternak , he has been writing exclusively in Russian since 1960 - an attempt to overcome the exclusion linguistically. But as early as 1964 he was banned from publishing, which was to apply for around 25 years.
Despite the isolation, Gennadi Aigi, whom Roman Jakobson has described as the greatest living Russian poet, was soon well-known in Germany and France. In 1971 he became a highly acclaimed poet with the volume Beginning of the Clearance in Germany. He translated Dante and Federico García Lorca , Wladimir Majakowski and Walt Whitman into his mother tongue and was the editor of an anthology of Chuvash poetry. His poems have appeared in 23 countries, have been translated into 44 languages and have received numerous prizes.
Aigi's poetry is based on Chuvash folk tradition and is rooted in a deeply felt Orthodox belief. At the same time, a large number of literary models can be identified in his work. In addition to the French symbolists such as Charles Baudelaire and Arthur Rimbaud, these include the Russian futurists around Mayakovsky. Aigi's characteristic compositional principle is the extreme abbreviation and condensation of language made possible by breaking up classical poetic forms: For him, it is not about the description of the world, according to Aigi, but about the "abstracted absolutization of world phenomena by the poet". He went on to say, “My works are not symbols, metaphors, or allegories. My work is awakening through a shrill light, where a human tip - the word - becomes a haze, where man unites with nature and the universe. "
Gennadi Aigi was a participant at the international literature festival berlin 2003.
- 1972 Poetry Prize from the Académie française
- 1987 Andrei Bely Prize
- 1991 Aleksei Krutschonych Prize
- 1993 Petrarca Prize
- 2000 Pasternak Prize of the PEN World Congress
- Knight of the French Legion of Honor
- 2004 Ján Smrek Prize (in Bratislava, Slovakia)
- Member of the St. Petersburg Writers' Union (since 1991)
- Member of the Russian PEN (since 1995)
- Chairman of the editorial board of the Chuvash magazine Das Antlitz Tschuvaschiens (Russian: Лик Чувашии) since 1994
- Life after death sentence . Lamuv, Bornheim, 1982
- Beginning of the clearing. Poems . Suhrkamp Verlag, Frankfurt / Main 1971 (new edition 1992, ISBN 3-518-22103-5 )
- To the poet of the poet of the rose. Ten poems . Fuchstaler Presse, Denklingen 1991
- From fields Russia. Poems. Prose . Illustrated by Kasimir Malewitsch , Suhrkamp Verlag, Frankfurt / Main 1991 (new edition 2002, ISBN 3-518-40341-9 )
- And: for Malevich . 1991
- Dedication roses . Rainer Verlag, Berlin 1991
- Greetings to the song . Rainer, Berlin, 1992
- Snow in the garden . 1993
- Veronika's notebook. My daughter's first half year . Insel Verlag, Frankfurt / Main 1993, ISBN 3-458-19133-X
- Boris Pasternak. Memories on the occasion of his 100th birthday and seven poems . Rainer Verlag, Berlin 1993
- Conversations à distance . Circé, Saulxures, 1994
- With singing: To perfection. Poems . Edition per procura, Vienna 1995
- der: there . With 40 photos by Günther Uecker , Verlag Galerie Erker, St. Gallen 1995
- Purer than meaning. Poems . Illustrated by Günther Uecker, Verlag Galerie Erker, St. Gallen 1997
- Selected works . Volume 1: Poems, Volume 2: Leaves in the Wind, Conversations, Speeches, Essays. Edition per procura, Vienna 1995/1998, ISBN 3-901118-19-5 and ISBN 3-901118-20-9
- Wind outside the window. Mixed poems . Verlag Galerie Erker, St. Gallen 1998, ISBN 3-905546-45-0
- Always different on earth. Poems . Translated by Walter Thümler. Leipziger Literaturverlag, Leipzig 2009, ISBN 9783866600751
- Aigi page on the Russian Virtual Library with biography, poems and materials on life and work
- Biography on the Russian web encyclopedia krugosvet.ru
- Biography on the website peoples.ru (Russian)
- Aigi on the website anthology of samizdat (Russian)
- Literature by and about Gennadi Nikolajewitsch Aigi in the catalog of the German National Library
- Fields, silence, light - On the death of the poet Gennadij Ajgi (Tagesspiegel, February 22, 2006)
|SURNAME||Aigi, Gennady Nikolaevich|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Lissin, Gennadi Nikolajewitsch (maiden name); Айги, Геннадий Николаевич (Russian); Айхи, Геннадий Николаевич (Chuvash)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Russian lyric poet|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 21, 1934|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Shaimursino , Chuvashia|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 21, 2006|
|Place of death||Moscow|