Georg Brütting (born April 27, 1913 in Stuttgart ; † August 7, 1997 in Coburg ) was a German author , pilot, elementary school rector and from 1970 to 1972 third mayor (FDP) of Coburg. As a war correspondent, he also wrote for Nazi war propaganda and published publications on aviation after the Second World War .
Brütting completed training as a teacher from 1927 to 1933. In the Second World War he worked as a war correspondent from 1939 to 1945 , he also published books on gliding, which appeared in several editions. In 1943 he published Das Echo von der Rhön and Wagnis am Himmel in the book series Adler-Bücherei , which was published by the Luftwaffe's military service for propaganda purposes .
He followed up on these publications after the end of the war. After 1945 he published the first German aviation magazine after the Second World War and, along with Oskar-Heinrich Bär, was one of the founders of the German Aero Club , of which he was president from 1977-1983. In 1958 he and Edgar Dittmar won a Piper J 3 C on a flight to Germany . After the death of Peter Supfs , he continued his work on The Book of German Flight History: The Great Era of German Aviation until 1945 and completed the third volume. The first two volumes appeared in 1935 with a foreword by Hermann Göring and were reissued by Drei Brunnen Verlag in a slightly different form in 1956 and 1958 .
With his wife Gretl, geb. Baumgardt, he had the son Rolf, who became director of studies. He himself was the rector of Coburg from 1960 to 1975.
- Iron Cross , first class II, then class I
- 1980: Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 1985: Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany
- A discount of 4 running meters. or 76 AU are in the Coburg State Archives.
- Glider flying and glider pilot ; Knorr & Hirth , 1935.
- Gliding conquers the world ; Knorr & Hirth, several extended editions: 1940, 1941, 1942, 1944.
- Gliding conquers the world ; Copress-Verlag, Munich, 1961.
- with Peter Supf : The book of German flight history: The great time of German aviation until 1945 , Volume 1 + Volume 2, Drei Brunnen Verlag.
- The book of German aviation history: The great time of German aviation until 1945 ; Volume 3, Drei Brunnen Verlag, 1979.
- They were the German fighter aces ; Motor-Buch Verlag, 1974.
- The history of gliding: 60 years of the Wasserkuppe ; Motor-Buch Verlag, 1977.
- with Walter Stender: manual for the motorized pilot ; Kosmos Verlag , 1979.
- with Rainer Hüls, Alexander Willberg: The most famous gliders in the world ; Motor-Buch Verlag, 2009.
- That was the German Stuka-Asse 1939-1945 Motor-Buch Verlag, 1976, ISBN 3-87943-433-6 .
- August Ludwig Degener, Walter Habel: Who is who ?: The German Who's Who ; Schmidt-Römhild, 1996; P. 181.
- ↑ The estate database of the Federal Archives on Georg Brütting
- ↑ a b c Redaktionsbüro Harenberg: Knaurs Prominentenlexikon 1980. The personal data of the celebrities from politics, economy, culture and society . With over 400 photos. Droemer Knaur, Munich / Zurich 1979, ISBN 3-426-07604-7 , Brütting, Georg, p. 60 .
- ↑ Renate Heege: Deutschlandflug-Chronik, p. 5 ( Memento of the original from January 16, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF; 143 kB)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German aviator, rector and mayor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 27, 1913|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|
|DATE OF DEATH||August 7, 1997|
|Place of death||Coburg|