Gustav Heinrich Schneider
Gustav Heinrich Schneider (born January 21, 1859 in Stettin ; † January 7, 1909 in Berlin ) was a German writer , student historian and fraternity functionary .
Live and act
While studying history in Jena , Schneider became a member of the Germania Jena fraternity in 1880 . In 1881 he was instrumental in founding the General Deputy Convent (ADC) .
In 1883 he became editor of the German Reich and Prussian State Gazette . In 1887 Schneider founded the magazine for the German fraternity , of which he was editor until 1898. He was also involved in the creation of the fraternity archive . In 1897 he received his doctorate in Heidelberg . In 1902, with his play Der Ritt zur Elgersburg, he won the Singers' War at the Elgersburg Castle . He died of a heart attack in 1909 .
- Jenenser life. Poems. Jena 1883.
- Moved to Kahla. A student story from days gone by. Jena 1886.
- Epic picture book. Jena 1886
- The Press or Fatherland Association 1832/33. A contribution to the history of the Frankfurt attack. Dissertation University of Heidelberg 1897.
- The fraternity Germania zu Jena. Jena 1897.
- Dr. Gustav Heinrich Schneider † , in: Thüringer Warte. Monthly for the intellectual, artistic and economic interests of Thuringia. Volume V., Pößneck 1909, p. 519. Web link
- Schneider, Gustav Heinrich , in: Friedhelm Golücke : Author's lexicon for student and university history. SH-Verlag, Cologne 2004, ISBN 3-89498-130-X . Pp. 300-301.
- Helge Dvorak: Biographical Lexicon of the German Burschenschaft. Volume II: Artists. Winter, Heidelberg 2018, ISBN 978-3-8253-6813-5 , pp. 618–619.
- ↑ a b Harald Lönnecker : Special archives, special users, special literature. Archives of academic associations. (PDF; 120 kB) Koblenz 2002, p. 4f.
- Literature by and about Gustav Heinrich Schneider in the catalog of the German National Library
- Schneider, Gustav Heinrich at UrMEL
|SURNAME||Schneider, Gustav Heinrich|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer and student historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 21, 1859|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Szczecin|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 7, 1909|
|Place of death||Berlin|