Hansgeorg Bankel studied architecture at the Technical University of Munich from 1969 to 1975 . This was followed in 1976/77 by postgraduate studies in monument conservation in Rome at the International Center for Conservation and at the Università di Roma . In 1978/79 he received a travel grant from the German Archaeological Institute , and in 1979/80 a doctoral grant from the Fritz Thyssen Foundation . From 1981 to 1984 he was an assistant at the Department of Architectural History at the TU Munich with Gottfried mines , of which he in 1986 with a thesis on Late Archaic Temple of Aphaia on Aegina doctorate was. 1986 to 1991 he was a consultant for building research at theIstanbul department of the German Archaeological Institute , from 1991 to 1993 he headed the civil engineering department (bridges, hydraulic engineering, tunnel construction) at the German Museum in Munich. From 1993 to 2015 he taught as a professor for architectural history and building surveying at the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Applied Sciences in Munich .
Bankel published on Greek and Roman architecture, on Carl Haller von Hallerstein and Leo von Klenze , on metrology , curvature and polychromy of Greek temple architecture. His current projects include building surveys in Priene , Knidos and Minturnae as well as studies on the Munich landscape painter Carl Rottmann .
Bankel is a corresponding member of the German Archaeological Institute , second chairman of the Koldewey Society and a member of the advisory board for communications of the German Archaeological Institute, Roman Department .
- as publisher: Carl Haller von Hallerstein in Greece 1810–1817. Architect, draftsman, building researcher . Reimer, Berlin 1986, ISBN 3-496-00840-7 .
- as editor (together with Ursula Quatember): Post from Babylon. Robert Koldewey , building researcher and excavator. Letters from Asia Minor, Italy, Germany and the Middle East 1882 to 1922 , Vienna 2018, ISBN 978-3-85161-191-5
- The late archaic temple of Aphaia on Aegina (= monuments of ancient architecture. Volume 19). de Gruyter, Berlin 1993, ISBN 3-11-012808-X .
- 1985/1986: Carl Haller von Hallerstein in Greece (Munich Nuremberg, Berlin)
- 1992/1993: Santiago Calatrava . Bridges and other engineering structures ( Deutsches Museum )
- Hansgeorg Bankel homepage
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German building researcher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Run on the Pegnitz|