Heinrich X. (Reuss-Lobenstein)
Heinrich X. Reuss zu Lobenstein (born September 9, 1621 in Gera , † January 25, 1671 in Lobenstein ) was a German nobleman and rector of the University of Leipzig . He is an ancestor (precisely: great, great, great, grandfather) of Victoria .
The son of Heinrich Posthumus Reuss zu Gera was after the death of his father under the tutelage of his older brothers Heinrich II. (1602-1670) and Heinrich III. (1603–1640) educated. They had given him an apprenticeship at the University of Leipzig , where the young nobleman was elected rector of the Alma Mater from the winter semester of 1641 to the summer semester of 1643 . During the main division of the younger line of the Reuss family in 1647, Heinrich X received the rule of Lobenstein , deducting the newly formed rule in Saalburg .
Thus he had become the founder of the Lobensteiner house in the younger Reuss line. In 1653 he was at the Reichstag in Augsburg , in 1664 he bought the holdings of the castle and the Hirschberg estate from the von Beulwitz family and after the death of his brother Heinrich IX. again owner of the Lobenstein property that was once assigned to Saalburg. In 1670 he became the elder of the Reuss family .
After his death, his sons continued to run the estates together, which were later divided again and merged into new sub-lines. The Lobenstein branch died out in the male line in 1853.
Heinrich X. was married to Maria Sibylla (* August 4, 1625, † May 21, 1675), the daughter of Heinrich IV. Reuss zu Obergreiz from the older Reuss line, since October 24, 1647. The following 12 children resulted from this marriage:
- Henry III. (* December 16, 1648; † May 24, 1710), Count and Lord of Lobenstein
- Heinrich V (May 18, 1650 - December 30, 1672)
- Heinrich VI (March 20, 1651 - August 3, 1651)
- Henry VIII (20 May 1652 - 29 October 1711), Count and Lord of Hirschberg
- Magdalena Dorothea (born August 29, 1653 - † March 11, 1705)
- Heinrike Juliana (born November 30, 1654 - † June 13, 1728) ⚭ October 27, 1686 Count Johann Albrecht von Ronow and Biberstein
- Ernestine Sophia (* / † 1656)
- Amalie Christina (born September 15, 1657 - † February 18, 1660)
- Heinrich IX (October 18, 1659 - February 18, 1660)
- Eleonora (7 September 1661 - 18 August 1696)
- Friederike Sibylle (7 September 1661 - 11 December 1728)
- Heinrich X. (born November 29, 1662 - † June 10, 1711), Count and Lord of Ebersdorf
- Friedrich Majer: Chronicle of the princely house of the Reussen von Plauen. Weimar and Leipzig 1811 ( online )
- Oskar Ludwig Bernhard Wolff: New, elegant conversation lexicon for educated people from all classes. Vol. 4 ( GoogleBooks )
- Heinrich X, Count and Lord of Plauen. In: Johann Heinrich Zedler : Large complete universal lexicon of all sciences and arts . Volume 31, Leipzig 1742, columns 981-983.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Count Reuss zu Lobenstein, Rector of the University of Leipzig|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 9, 1621|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gera|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 25, 1671|
|Place of death||Praise stone|