Heinz-Dieter Heimann (* 1949 ) is a German historian who specializes in medieval history. Since 2003 he has been chairman of the advisory board at the Museum for Brandenburg Church and Cultural History of the Middle Ages .
Live and act
Heinz-Dieter Heimann passed his Abitur in 1971 at the municipal high school Marianum Warburg . In 1972 he began studying German and history at the Ruhr University in Bochum and graduated in 1977 with the first state examination. After working as a research assistant to Ferdinand Seibt at the Chair of Medieval History at the Ruhr University in Bochum, he was awarded the dissertation “Between Bohemia and Burgundy. On the East-West Relationship within the Territorial System of the German Empire in the 15th Century ”. In 1988 he qualified as a professor at the Faculty of History at the same university with the thesis “House rules and state formation. Inner-dynastic conflicts as factors in the consolidation of power among the Wittelsbach Counts of the Rhineland Palatinate and the Dukes of Bavaria in the late Middle Ages ”. In 1989 he received the Venia Legendi teaching license in the subject “Medieval History and Comparative Regional History” and became a research assistant and private lecturer at the Chair for Medieval History at the Ruhr University in Bochum. From 1994 to 2015 he was Professor of Medieval History at the University of Potsdam, where he retired on March 31, 2015. Martina Giese succeeded him in Potsdam . Heimann is a member of the board of the Brandenburg Historical Commission (since 2002) and a full member of the Historical Commission for Westphalia (since 2003).
- House rules and state formation. Inner-dynastic conflicts as factors in the consolidation of power among the Wittelsbach Counts of the Rhineland Palatinate and the Dukes of Bavaria. A contribution to the change in norms in the crisis of the late Middle Ages (= sources and research from the field of history. NF H. 16). Schöningh, Paderborn et al. 1993, ISBN 3-506-73266-8 (also: Bochum, University, habilitation paper, 1988/1989).
- Introduction to the history of the Middle Ages (= UTB 1957). Ulmer, Stuttgart (Hohenheim) 1997, ISBN 3-8001-2641-9 .
- The Habsburgs. Dynasty and empires (= Beck series. 2154). Beck, Munich 2001, ISBN 3-406-44754-6 .
- The Soest feud. History of a won urban freedom. Westfälische Verlags-Buchhandlung Mocker and Jahn, Soest 2003, ISBN 3-87902-216-X .
- Literature by and about Heinz-Dieter Heimann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Publications by Heinz-Dieter Heimann in the Opac of the Regesta Imperii
- Heimann's page at the University of Potsdam
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1949|