Historical commission for Westphalia
|Historical commission for Westphalia|
|purpose||Research into Westphalian history|
|Number of members:||over 150|
|Seat :||Freiherr-vom-Stein-Platz 1
The Historical Commission for Westphalia is a scientific body of the Landschaftsverband Westfalen-Lippe (LWL).
Alongside the literature commission for Westphalia , the antiquity commission for Westphalia , the geographical commission for Westphalia , the commission for dialect and name research in Westphalia and the commission for everyday culture research for Westphalia, it is one of six scientific commissions for regional studies of the LWL.
The commission was founded in 1896 by the Association for the History and Archeology of Westphalia . She took over the continuation of the scientific work, including the publication of the Westphalian document book . In 1914, the commission was registered as an association and legally independent. In 1921 she joined the Provincial Association of the Province of Westphalia due to financial necessities , from which the Regional Association Westphalia-Lippe (LWL) emerged in the post-war period .
It is a voluntary body with over 150 full and corresponding members. Its ranks include archivists as well as institutionally affiliated researchers and university lecturers from various historical subjects. The various projects of the Historical Commission are initiated and driven forward by the members with their specialist knowledge and supported and supervised by a small full-time office based in Münster.
In cooperation with the Institute for Comparative Urban History , the Historical Commission publishes the Historical Handbook of the Jewish Communities in Westphalia and Lippe and the Westphalian City Atlas or, in its continuation, the Historical Atlas of Westphalian Cities .
Chair of the Commission
First chairman since the founding of the commission.
- 1896–1899 Heinrich Finke
- 1899–1908 Friedrich Philippi
- 1908–1913 Georg Erler
- 1914–1925 Aloys Meister
- 1925–1929 Karl Spannagel
- 1929–1933 Hermann Wätjen
- 1933–1941 Anton Eitel
- 1943–1946 Kurt von Raumer
- 1946–1962 Georg Schreiber
- 1962–1963 Albert K. Hömberg
- 1963–1970 Johannes Bauermann
- 1970–1986 Wilhelm Kohl
- 1986–1990 Franz-Josef Schmale
- 1990-2003 Peter Johanek
- 2003–2018 Wilfried Reininghaus
- since April 2018 Mechthild Black-Veldtrup
- Wilhelm Kohl: Nine decades of historical commission for Westphalia. In: Westfälische Forschungen 39, 1988, pp. 148-166.
- Johannes Bauermann: The historical commission for Westphalia 1896-1945. A review (= materials of the Historical Commission for Westphalia. Volume 7). Münster 2014 ( PDF version ).
- Historical commission for Westphalia
- Current list of publications of the Historical Commission for Westphalia (PDF; 967 kB)
- LWL Newsroom of April 13, 2018: Dr. Mechthild Black-Veldtrup is the new chairwoman of the Historical Commission for Westphalia at the LWL , accessed on April 13, 2018
- It is the publication of a text from 1945.