Hero of Belarus
Hero of Belarus ( Belarusian Герой Беларусі ; Łacinka : Hieroj Biełarusi; Russian Герой Беларуси ) is the name of the highest honor of the Belarusian state . The order was launched on April 13, 1995 by resolution of the Council of the Republic N 3726-XII along with a number of other awards and has since been awarded to eleven people. It can be awarded for outstanding services in the military, economic, social or political area. The model for the foundation was the Soviet Order Hero of the Soviet Union . With the award, the state guarantees the honorees and their spouses certain financial advantages and advantages in health care.
So far ten men and one woman have been awarded the medal. Four medal bearers were chosen in one fell swoop on June 30, 2001 by presidential decree .
- Uładzimir Karvat (Уладзімір Карват, 1958–96) was awarded the title posthumously in 1996. He was a pilot in the Belarusian Air Force . On November 21, 1996, his Su-27 caught fire. Although he was ordered to use the ejector seat to save himself, he headed the plane towards a hill and smashed it there, fearing that it would otherwise crash over a residential area. Karvat was killed in the crash. On the same day,President Aljaksandr Lukashenka issued Presidential Decree 484, with which Karvat was the first to be honored.
- Alaksandar Dubko (Аляксандар Дубко, 1938–2001) was also posthumously honored for his “valiant services to the state and society”. He sat in the supreme Soviet of the USSR , later in the independent Belarus, and was the regional head of the Hrodsenskaya Woblasz . In 1994 he failed as a presidential candidate.
- Michajił Karčmit (Міхаіл Карчміт, 1948–2004) was the chairman of theSnov collective farm (Снов) in the Minskaya Woblasz . He was honored for his "selfless work and valiant commitment in the development of agriculture".
- Vital Kramko (Віталь Крамко, * 1941) is the chairman of the agricultural collective "October" (Октябрь) in Hrodsenskaja Woblasz and was also honored for his services to agriculture.
- Pavieł Maryjaŭ (Павел Марыяў, * 1938) was chairman of the Belarusian automobile works БелАЗ at the time of the award. He was honored for "his selfless work and his extraordinary commitment to the local automobile industry".
On March 1st, 2006 the following people were awarded the medal:
- Filaret (Kirill Wachromejew) (Филарет (Кирилл Вахромеев), * 1935), Metropolitan of Minsk and Slutsk
- Mikhail Savicki , artist, founder of an art academy
- Mikhail Vysotsky, researcher at the National Academy of Sciences
- Piotr Prokopovich, President of the National Bank
- Vasily Revyako, member of an agricultural cooperative
- Soviet Byelorussia New Heroes of Belarus ( Memento of the original from December 10, 2005 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . July 5, 2001. Retrieved June 13, 2008.
- Belarusian Awards: List of Heroes of Belarus , accessed June 13, 2008 (Russian)
- Domracheva named 'Hero of Belarus' after third gold ( Memento of the original from March 3, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , nz.sports.yahoo.com.