Hermann Philipp Theodor Ammon (born January 24, 1933 in Nuremberg ) is a professor emeritus for pharmacology and toxicology , natural scientist at the Pharmaceutical Institute of the University of Tübingen and the editor of the 9th edition of the pharmaceutical dictionary " Hunnius ".
Ammon has been with the pharmacist Helga Ursula Ammon born in 1963. Grumbles married and has two daughters.
Life and education
From 1939 to 1943 Ammon went to elementary school in Fürth . He then attended secondary school, where he graduated from high school in 1952. From 1952 to 1954 he worked as a pharmacy intern, then he began studying pharmacy at the University of Erlangen and in 1955 became a member of the musical student association AMV Fridericiana Erlangen . Ammon graduated from pharmacy in 1958, but had already started medical school in 1955, which he completed in 1962. In 1963 he was promoted to Dr. med. PhD.
From 1965 to 1970 Ammon worked as a research assistant at the Pharmacological Institute of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. During this time he completed his habilitation in pharmacology and toxicology . He then received a scholarship from the Paul Martini Foundation for 17 months for a stay at Harvard University in Boston .
1971 Ammon became senior assistant at the Pharmacological Institute at the University of Erlangen. Two years later he was appointed adjunct professor early. In 1974 he went to the University of Tübingen , where he became a scientific advisor and professor for pharmacology and toxicology in the pharmacy department. After two years he became a full professor at the Chair of Pharmacology for natural scientists.
From 1984 to 2001 Ammon was alternately deputy and managing director of the Pharmaceutical Institute at the University of Tübingen - with an interruption from 1989 to 1993. This was followed by his retirement in 2001.
In total, Ammon published over 220 scientific papers and reviews.
The original idea and intention of Curt Hunnius was still in the foreground: A compact reference work for all areas of pharmacy that enables quick access in everyday pharmaceuticals, in the pharmacy or practice and in pharmaceutical training .
- 1970–1971: Scholarship from the Paul Martini Foundation to promote clinical pharmacology
- 1992: Gold medal from the Baden-Württemberg State Chamber of Pharmacists
- 1997: Phönix Pharmacy Science Award
- 1999: Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2000: Max Lesmüller Medal from the Federal Chamber of Pharmacists
- 2011: Heinz Bürger Büsing Diabetes Research Prize
- Literature by and about Hermann Ammon in the catalog of the German National Library
- Official website of Prof. Dr. Ammon
- Karl Eduard Haas: The Academic-Musical Association Fridericana in the Sondershäuser Association, formerly the student choir in Erlangen . Erlangen 1982, self-published.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Ammon, Hermann Philipp Theodor|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German pharmacologist and toxicologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 24, 1933|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nuremberg|