Historical Commission for Pomerania
|Historical Commission for Pomerania|
|purpose||Exploring the history of Pomerania|
|Website:||Homepage of the Historical Commission|
The Historical Commission for Pomerania is a scientific body for research into the history of Pomerania .
The Historical Commission was founded in 1910/1911 on the initiative of the President of the Province of Pomerania , Helmuth Freiherr von Maltzahn . The driving forces included the Greifswald university professor Ernst Bernheim and the Szczecin high school professor Martin Wehrmann . Models were historical commissions in other countries and Prussian provinces. The Commission's primary task was initially to record the non-governmental archives in Pomerania. Seven reports appeared on this from 1917 to 1933. Another task from the beginning was to publish sources on the history of Pomerania in print; the first volume was published as early as 1913.
In 1925 the tasks of the historical commission were expanded. The publication of the Pomeranian Document Book , the last volume of which had been published in 1907, was resumed by the Commission together with the Stettin State Archives . She also took on the editing of the Historical Atlas of the Province of Pomerania , the collection of Pomeranian field names, the compilation of a Pomeranian bibliography and the inventory of the Pomeranian castle walls.
In National Socialist Germany , the commission was named State History Research Center of the Province of Pomerania in 1935 , and in 1939 it became part of the State History Research Center of the Province of Pomerania . When, after the end of the Second World War, Pomerania came partly to Poland and partly fell into the Soviet occupation zone , activities ended.
In 1951 the Historical Commission for Pomerania was re-established in the Federal Republic of Germany . The initiative came from Adolf Diestelkamp , who had been the committee's secretary for many years before 1945 and has now become its chairman. The Johann Gottfried Herder Research Council , through which the federal government provided financial support , formed the organizational framework . After Diestelkamp's death in 1955, Franz Engel took over as chairman. In 1958 the first volume of the new publications of the Historical Commission for Pomerania appeared . In many cases, the commission was able to build on the work that had begun before 1945, for example with the publication of the Pomeranian document book. Much else had been lost, such as the index of the Pomeranian castle walls.
The Historical Commission publishes reports on its activities in the Baltic Studies . However, the reports show gaps. The report on the years 1996–2000 was only followed by a report on 2009. The commission had been working on a homepage since 2008, which was put online in 2012.
- Helmuth Freiherr von Maltzahn-giltz : May 1911 – August 1920
- Johannes Sarnow : August 1920 – January 1924
- Ernst von Zitzewitz : October 1925 – spring 1934
- Ernst Jarmer : May 1934 – early 1935
- Manfred Schultze-Plotzius : beginning of 1935 – November 1935
- Robert Schulz : November 1935 – early 1940
- Adolf Diestelkamp : August 1951 – February 1955
- Franz Engel: October 1955 – September 1967
- Roderich Schmidt : November 1967 – September 2001
- Jürgen Kohler : September 2001 – December 2005
- Jürgen Regge : January 2006 – October 2009
- Martin Schoebel : October 2009 – June 2013
- Horst Wernicke : June 2013-December 2017
- Haik Porada : since December 2017
The publications of the Historical Commission for Pomerania are divided into five series:
- Row I: older row (before 1945).
- Row II: Pomeranian document book .
- Row III: Historical Atlas of Pomerania. New episode.
- Row IV: Sources on Pomeranian History.
- Row V: Research on Pomeranian History.
- Roderich Schmidt : The historical commission for Pomerania in the past and present. In: Baltic Studies . Vol. 55 NF, 1969, ISSN 0067-3099 , pp. 111-124.
- Roderich Schmidt: Eighty Years of the Historical Commission for Pomerania 1910–1990. List of their publications. Stahringer, Ebsdorfergrund 1990, ISBN 3-925600-01-9 .
- Roderich Schmidt: Pomeranian national history and the historical commission for Pomerania. In: Werner Buchholz (Hrsg.): Landesgeschichte in Deutschland. Inventory - analyzes - perspectives. Paderborn 1998, pp. 75-92. Reprinted in: Roderich Schmidt: The historic Pomerania. People - places - events. Böhlau, Cologne et al. 2007, ISBN 978-3-412-27805-2 , pp. 677-697.
- Nils Jörn, Haik Thomas Porada (ed.): The Historical Commission for Pomerania 1911–2011. Balance sheet and outlook (= publications of the Historical Commission for Pomerania. Series V: Historical Commission for Pomerania. Volume 47). Böhlau, Cologne et al. 2018, ISBN 3-412-20931-7 .
Publications at Böhlau Verlag :
- ↑ Roderich Schmidt: Historical Commission for Pomerania 1996-2000 . In: Baltic Studies . Volume 86 NF, 2000, ISSN 0067-3099 , pp. 266-271.
- ↑ a b Martin Schoebel: Annual Report 2009 of the Historical Commission for Pomerania. In: Baltic Studies . Volume 95 NF, 2009, ISSN 0067-3099 , pp. 294-296.
- ↑ Report 2009.
- ↑ Report 2009.
- ↑  .