He was the editor of the magazine "Sonne Busen Hammer", the central organ of the Lord Jim Lodge . In various art projects he worked with Günter Brus , Wolfgang Bauer and Martin Kippenberger , among others . His work repeatedly sparked discussions, for example when he showed a man urinating on the poster for the Styrian Autumn 1996 cultural festival .
Schlick died at the age of 54.
The Künstlerhaus, Halle für Kunst & Medien (KM– Graz) is dedicating a first major retrospective to him from September 27 to November 22, 2015 on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of his death. An accompanying publication will appear with an initial catalog raisonné of Jörg Schlick's works.
- VESCON art catalog 2001 - Particules Elémentaires: Jörg Schlick ( see www.vescon.com )
- Literature by and about Jörg Schlick in the catalog of the German National Library
- Jörg Schlick on kunstaspekte.de
- Max Gad on Jörg Schlick
- Death report in Salzburger Nachrichten
- VESCON art catalog 2001 - Particules Elémentaires: Jörg Schlick
- Appreciation Prize of the State of Styria for Fine Arts: Prize Winners ( Memento of the original from April 17, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . Retrieved April 17, 2015.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian conceptual artist, author, painter, curator and musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 23, 1951|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Graz|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 29, 2005|
|Place of death||Graz|