Jürgen Dieckert (born June 10, 1935 in Gumbinnen , East Prussia ) is a German sports scientist and sports official.
As the son of Kurt Dieckert , he became assistant and academic adviser at the Institute for Physical Education at the University of Saarbrücken after passing the first state examination . In 1968 he was promoted to Dr. phil. doctorate and at the age of 33 appointed to the Oldenburg University of Education , where he worked as a professor of physical exercise. The conversion of the college of education into the University of Oldenburg coincided with his appointment as professor for sports science . The main focus of his work was recreational sports. Dieckert built up the research center for recreational and popular sports and managed it. In addition, the model sports facilities of the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg were built under his direction . From 1980 to 1983 Dieckert was visiting professor at the Universidade Federal de Santa Maria in Brazil . From 1988 to 1992 he went on research trips to the Canela Indians in Brazil. A few years ago Dieckert received the title of Professor honoris causa from the University of Salvador da Bahia for his work in Brazil . In 2003 Dieckert retired .
Dieckert is the author of over 500 magazine articles and the author and editor of 27 books, including:
- Jürgen Dieckert: The gymnast youth movement. A contribution to the educational history of extracurricular youth education during the Weimar Republic. Verlag Karl Hofmann, Schorndorf 1968.
- with Friedhelm Kreiß, Heinz Meusel: gymnastics - sport - play. School book for boys and girls. Limpert-Verlag Frankfurt 1969. (3rd edition. Limpert, 1979, ISBN 3-7853-1176-1 ) (translation into Spanish 1972, Portuguese 1982, Japanese 1983)
- Recreational sports. Opportunity and task for everyone. Bertelsmann Universitätsverlag, Düsseldorf 1974, ISBN 3-571-09172-8 . (Translation into Portuguese 1984)
- with Karl Heinz Leist (Ed.): In search of theory-practice models in sport. Hofmann Verlag, Schorndorf 1976, ISBN 3-7780-3841-9 .
- with Marita Bruckmann, Klaus Herrmann : apparatus gymnastics for everyone: free gymnastics on apparatus . Pohl-Verlag, Celle 1991, ISBN 3-7911-0187-0 .
- Gymnastics is more. DTB publishing house, Frankfurt 1995, ISBN 3-929461-27-7 .
- with Christian Wopp (Hrsg.): Handbuch Freizeitsport. Verlag Hofmann, Schorndorf 2002, ISBN 3-7780-1841-8 .
Dieckert is also the publisher of two sports font series in the Brazilian publisher Ao Livro Tecnico ( Rio de Janeiro ). From 1983 to 1991 there were eleven books in the Fundamentacao series and 16 books in the Pratica series .
From 1988 to 1992 Dieckert and the ethnologist Jakob Mehringer jointly researched the play and movement culture of the Canela Indians in Brazil. This was followed in the 1990s by an aid project initiated by Dieckert and Mehringer to protect the Canela Indians from the threat of extermination. These activities resulted in a considerable number of films that were broadcast by Norddeutscher Rundfunk and Second German Television. Some of these films were also distributed by the Institute for Scientific Film (Göttingen).
Dieckert is a member of the German Gymnastics Federation . From 1962 to 1966 he was federal youth warden and from 1990 to 2000 the president of the DTB. He is now honorary president. In addition to his functions in the German Gymnastics Federation, he was a presidential member of the German Sport Federation from 1970 to 1974, where he was responsible for popular sports. The trim movement was built up under his leadership . From 1993 to 2002 Dieckert was a presidential member of the National Olympic Committee and from 1997 to 2000 he was the representative of the DSB and NOK world exhibitions .
- 1990 Sports Merit Order from the Brazilian Minister of Education
- 1997 Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon
- 2000 honorary member of the German Gymnastics Federation
- 2002 Professor Honorifico (hc) of the Universidade Federal da Bahia
- 2005 Big City Seal of Oldenburg (Oldenburg)
- 2008 honorary member of the Friedrich Ludwig Jahn Society
- 2010 sports badge of the city of Oldenburg
- 2014 inclusion in the honor gallery of Lower Saxony sports of the Lower Saxony Institute for Sports History
- Literature by and about Jürgen Dieckert in the catalog of the German National Library
- Retirement of sports scientist Jürgen Dieckert , communication from the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg dated July 12, 2003 on the occasion of Jürgen Dieckert's departure
- DTB Honorary President Jürgen Dieckert turns 75 , DOSB press release dated June 10, 2010 on the occasion of his 75th birthday
- Live about the Canela Indians: Oldenburg project on February 3rd at 7.30 p.m. on ZDF , press release 036/02 from the University of Oldenburg on January 29, 2002 on the occasion of the broadcast of the film about the Canela Indians (as of December 11, 2014)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sports scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 10, 1935|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gumbinnen|