Jakob Auer (politician)
education and profession
Jakob Auer attended compulsory school and various advanced training courses. He did military service in 1968 and has been a farmer since 1971. In 2002 Auer was appointed economics councilor.
From 1973 to 1977 Auer was a member of the local council in his place of residence Fischlham and from 1977 to 2009 mayor of the community. Between 1976 and 1990 he was local party chairman and from 1979 to 2000 district party chairman of the ÖVP Wels-Land . Auer was also district chairman of the farmers' union from 1985 to 1996 and between 1979 and 1985 district chairman of the Upper Austrian community association . From 1985 and 1994 he was the District Chamber of Commerce of the Wels Land judicial district. From 2000 to 2004 Auer was chairman of the Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich . Since 2004 he has been chairman of the supervisory board of Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich AG. From 2001 to 2012 he worked as a cooperative lawyer for the Raiffeisenverband Oberösterreich and has been a member of the board since then.
Auer has been a member of the National Council since May 19, 1983 and has held the function of chairman in the budget, immunity and incompatibility committees, and has been secretary since 1986. In October 2011, with ten extra-parliamentary functions, he was the member of the National Council with the most sideline activities.
From November 11, 2011, after the resignation of the previous incumbent Fritz Grillitsch , he was acting president of the ÖVP sub-organization Bauernbund . Georg Strasser was elected as his successor on August 26, 2017 .
In the legislative period up to 2013 he was a member of the following committees: Rules of Procedure Committee, Immunity Committee of the National Council, Incompatibility Committee, Standing Subcommittee of the Budget Committee, Standing Joint Committee within the meaning of Section 9 of the Financial Constitutional Act 1948, Subcommittee of the Committee on Agriculture and Forestry, Standing Subcommittee in ESM matters, finance committee, committee on agriculture and forestry, budget committee.
Auer is married and has two sons. His wife and a son run the pig farm. His hobbies are hiking and skiing. He is also active in the volunteer fire department .
- 1991: Great Silver Decoration for Services to the Republic of Austria
- Large gold medal for services to the Republic of Austria
- 2008: Large Silver Decoration with the Star for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2019: Gold Medal of Honor of the State of Upper Austria
- Jakob Auer (politician) on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Jakob Auer at www.meineabektiven.at
- Jakob Auer becomes the new President of the Bauernbund , orf.at of November 11, 2011, accessed on November 17, 2011
- orf.at: “Farm handover” at the top of the farmers' union . Article dated August 26, 2017, accessed August 27, 2017.
- Website of the Austrian Parliamentary Committees
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF file; 6.59 MB)
- Mag. Thomas Stelzer presented state awards to distinguished personalities. In: Province of Upper Austria . September 9, 2019, accessed September 11, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian farmer and politician (ÖVP), member of the National Council|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 31, 1948|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kirchberg in Tyrol|