Career, research and teaching
Brueckner completed his Artium Baccalaureus studies at the University of California, Berkeley with honors in 1972 . He then moved to Stanford University , where he received his Ph.D. graduated in economics. As an assistant professor and associate professor , he was subsequently at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign before he was appointed full professor there in 1985. In 2005 he followed a call from the University of California, Irvine . He is a member of the Institute of Transportation Studies and the Institute for Mathematical Behavioral Sciences the UCI.
Brueckner researches and teaches in the areas of urban economics with a focus on the economics of the public sector and housing finance as well as industrial organization , with a focus on aviation . Together with Richard Muth and Edwin Mills , he made important contributions to the development of the model of the monocentric urban structure .
Awards and honors
The following list shows books published by Brueckner, and he has also written numerous magazine articles and working papers.
- Lectures on Urban Economics , 2011
- Mark Blaug (Ed.): Who's who in economics. 4th edition, Elgar, Cheltenham [u. a.] 2003, ISBN 1-84064-992-5 , pp. 124-125
- Jan Brueckner at the University of California, Irvine
- Jan Brueckner in the IDEAS database
- Literature by and about Jan Brueckner in the catalog of the German National Library
- NTJ - National Tax Journal. Accessed December 15, 2015 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Brueckner, Jan Keith (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American economist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berkeley , California|