Jan Michał Rozwadowski
Jan Michał Rozwadowski (born December 7, 1867 near Tarnau , † March 13, 1935 in Warsaw ) was a Polish linguist . From 1904 he was a full professor and holder of the chair for comparative linguistics at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow . In 1925 he was elected President of the Polska Akademia Umiejętności .
Rozwadowski was mainly concerned with the Slavic languages , especially with Polish .
His dictionary on a variety of Romani and his work on the language and folklore of the Ainu in collaboration with Bronisław Piłsudski are also noteworthy .
- Word Formation and Meaning: An Examination of Its Basic Laws . Heidelberg 1904.
- Dictionary of the gypsy dialect of Zakopane. Krakow 1936.
- with Bronisław Piłsudski: Materials for the study of the Ainu language and folklore . Krakow 1912.
- W. Bieńkowski: Rozwadowski Jan Michał. In: Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815–1950 (ÖBL). Volume 9, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 1988, ISBN 3-7001-1483-4 , p. 305 f. (Direct links on p. 305 , p. 306 ).
- Stanisław Urbańczyk: Jan Michał Rozwadowski . In: Polski Słownik Biograficzny . Vol. 32, 1991.
- Literature by and about Jan Michał Rozwadowski in the catalog of the German National Library
|SURNAME||Rozwadowski, Jan Michał|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Polish linguist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 7, 1867|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||near Tarnau|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 13, 1935|
|Place of death||Warsaw|