Joseph Koenig (diplomat)
Joseph Koenig studied at Breslau and Innsbruck law and political science and a doctorate with a thesis on "financial constitution and control system of the municipalities and provinces in Italy" for Dr. rer. pole. From 1929 to 1933 he was chairman of the Windthorstbund in Breslau . From 1934 to 1936 he was employed in the state tax office in Breslau. From 1938 to 1939 he was employed by the Reichsgruppe Handel in Berlin . From 1939 to 1946 he was employed in exports and in the brewing industry in Munich .
From 1945 to 1946, Joseph Koenig was a member of the provisional state committee of the Christian Social Union , one of the founding members of the CSU and the CSU state leadership's representative for refugee issues. He was the editor of the internal party communications of the CSU. For the April 2, 1946 edition of the Süddeutsche Zeitung , he had a text entitled “Union - united and closed” “ Dr. Josef Müller , State Chairman ”. From 1946 to 1950 was the business editor of the Münchner Merkurs . In 1950 Koenig joined the foreign service . Between 1950 and 1954 he was economic attaché at the German embassy in Rome under Clemens von Brentano , and between 1953 and 1955 in the Bonn Foreign Office as a legation councilor. The diplomatic mission of the Federal Republic of Germany in Cyprus was opened on April 12, 1955 as a consulate and from August 20, 1960 to 1966, Koenig ran it as an embassy . From 1966 to 1970 Koenig was the permanent representative of Karl Overbeck Ambassador in Dublin , where he was at times chargé d' affaires. Between 1970 and 1972 he was Consul General in Rotterdam.
After his retirement he worked as a correspondent for several German newspapers. He wrote a travel guide to Cyprus and a book on medical history.
- Cyprus . Schroeder, Bonn 1961 (2nd edition 1972; 3rd edition 1986).
- The penicillin V story. An invention from Tyrol as a blessing for the world. Haymon, Innsbruck 1984, ISBN 978-3-85218-009-0 .
- Joseph Koenig: The Penicillin V Story. An invention from Tyrol as a blessing for the world . Haymon, Innsbruck 1984, ISBN 978-3-85218-009-0 , pp. 192 .
- Jaromír Balcar and Thomas Schlemmer (eds.): At the top of the CSU. The governing bodies of the Christian Social Union. Oldenbourg, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-486-58069-3 , p. 67 ( digitized version )
- Bulletin of the Press and Information Office of the Federal Government. Deutscher Bundes-Verlag, 1973 ( digitized version )
German ambassador to Nicosia
1960 to 1965
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German diplomat and journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 14, 1907|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||pear tree|
|DATE OF DEATH||1997|