As Judaica for a handwritten or printed is literature of all languages and any authorship (including non-Jews called) that deal with the Jewish (Culture, Religion, Judaism busy) or Jewish themes. On the other hand, the collective term is used for Jewish, mostly antiquarian writings and manuscripts, rare Jewish handicrafts, as well as ritual and sacred objects (see also: Sacred implements ). Judaica collectors often pay high prices for modern or antique specimens, such as silver or gold Hanukkah candlesticks, Torah crowns , Torah pointer ( Jad ), rimonim (topper for the Torah scroll ) or a silver-plated Torah shield (Tas).
In contrast to Judaica , Hebraica is understood to mean literature written in the Hebrew language or with Hebrew letters (e.g. Aramaic or Yiddish ). An intersection between Judaica and Hebraica are works in Hebrew letters on Jewish subjects. Judaica are defined by the content (Judaism), Hebraica by the form (writing).
- In the 20 books of the Antiquitates Judaicae (German: Jewish antiquities ), written between 80 and 94 AD, Flavius Josephus describes the history of the Jewish people from creation to the outbreak of the uprising in 66 AD.
- Religious Jewish literature: Shulchan Aruch , Halacha , Mishnah , Haggadah , Talmud .
- Lexicons such as the Encyclopaedia Judaica and the Jewish Encyclopedia
- Linguistic works and grammars of Hebrew, Yiddish, Aramaic etc. are generally also considered Judaica.
- Anti-Jewish or anti-Semitic writings or images (Antisemitica): Judensau
Judaica. Contributions to the Understanding of Judaism is the name of a theological quarterly publication of the Foundation for Church and Judaism that has been published since 1945 .
- Library of Judaism: The Hebraica and Judaica collection of the City and University Library Frankfurt am Main . Origin, history and today's tasks . Frankfurter Bibliotheksschriften 4. Klostermann, Frankfurt am Main 1996, ISBN 3-465-02863-5 .
- Bibliographia Judaica: Directory of Jewish authors in the German language . edit by Renate Heuer . Campus-Verlag, Frankfurt, ISBN 3-593-33060-1 (complete works).
- Dan Diner (Ed.): Encyclopedia of Jewish History and Culture . Complete works in 7 volumes including register volume. On behalf of the Saxon Academy of Sciences. ISBN 3-476-02500-4 saw-leipzig.de
- Lili Eylon: Never try to convince people . In: Die Welt , January 12, 2002; The Jerusalem Judaica dealer Meir Urbach - one of about twelve in the world.
- The older the better, Judaica are not only popular in Israel, but unfortunately they are often fake . In: Die Welt , February 3, 2001, part 4.
- German-Jewish literary history on the web , Compact Memory project , a digital world cultural heritage of Unesco
- Judaica Collection Frankfurt Digital copies on Jewish history
- Germania Judaica Cologne Library for the History of German Judaism e. V.
- Collection of Yiddish prints, approx. 800 valuable books, Frankfurt University Library
- Database "Lüneburg Judaica" of the University of Lüneburg
- Archive Bibliographia Judaica e. V.
- HebrewBooks 15,000 Classical Hebrew Books for Free Download
- Judaica Museum , in Schenklengsfeld
- Judaica Europeana
- European Traditions - Encyclopedia of Jewish Cultures Saxon Academy of Sciences in Leipzig
- Definitions Hebraica, Judaica Herzog August Bibliothek Wolfenbüttel
- University of Tübingen ( Memento of the original from November 9, 2005 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.