Calendar overview 80
|amphitheater Novum is completed.|
|80 in other calendars|
|Buddhist calendar||623/624 (southern Buddhism); 622/623 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||46th (47th) cycle , year of the metal dragon庚辰 ( at the beginning of the year earth-rabbit 己卯)|
|Greek calendar||3rd / 4th Year of the 214th Olympiad|
|Jewish calendar||3840/41 (September 3-4)|
|Roman calendar||from urbe condita DCCCXXXIII (833)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 390/391 (turn of the year April); Syria: 391/392 (turn of the year October)|
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||136/137 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
- Emperor Titus and his brother Domitian are consuls .
- The Reginum cohort camp is being built at the northernmost point of the course of the Danube on a hill on the southern bank. As the military importance of this area increased, the much larger legionary camp Castra Regina was built in 179 . The Roman fortresses with their civilian settlements are the nucleus for the later Regensburg .
Culture and society
- Emperor Titus completes the Colosseum and the Baths of Titus, which his father Vespasian had begun in Rome .
- at 80: Construction of the first thermal baths begins in Augusta Treverorum .
- around 80: Kujula Kadphises , ruler of the Kushana empire