Young Literature Forum Hessen-Thuringia
The Young Literature Forum Hessen-Thuringia is a cross-border literature competition for young writers . The competition was founded in 1984 under the name of the Hesse Young Literature Forum and has been organized jointly with the Thuringian Ministry of Science since 1994.
The literature prize is announced for 16 to 25 year old authors who live in Hesse or Thuringia . The ten main winners will receive a prize of 500 euros. These and five to six other winners can take part in a workshop with writers, and the hr2 prize has also been available since 2010. In addition to the texts of the main winners and workshop participants, a selection of other competition texts will be published in the acid test anthology . From 1985 to 1999 it was published by Suhrkamp Verlag ( nail test 1 to 16 ), and since 2000 by allitera Verlag .
The Hessian Literature Forum in Mousonturm eV looks after the participants in the competition and organizes all events in connection with the competition on behalf of the State of Hesse. It also offers the authors a publication platform in the form of the magazine L. Der Literaturbote .
Well-known award winners
- Daniela Danz (1997, 2000, 2001)
- Nadja Einzmann with Polish Girls Dance (1998)
- Orkun Ertener with A Court Martial (1991)
- Christian Filips (1998, 1999, 2000)
- Friedrich Herrmann (2015)
- Thomas Hettche with The Poet's Visit (1987)
- Ricarda Junge (1998, 1999)
- Stefanie Menzinger with Miniatures I (1988)
- Peter Neumann (2008, 2009)
- Jan Volker Röhnert (2002)
- Christian Rosenau (2005, 2006)
- Nils Seethaler (1999)
- Annika Scheffel (2007)