|Full name||Kenneth Bernard Faried Lewis|
|birthday||November 19, 1989 (30 years and 286 days)|
|place of birth||Newark , New Jersey , United States|
|position||Power Forward / Center|
|High school||Technology High School (New Jersey)|
|NBA draft||2011 , 22nd pick , Denver Nuggets|
|Clubs as active|
|2011–2018 Denver Nuggets 2018–2019 Brooklyn Nets Since 2019 Houston Rockets
After playing as a student at Newark Technology High School, Faried moved to Morehead State University in 2007. He achieved in two seasons in a row, in his sophomore season (2008/09) and his junior season (2009/10) a value of 13.0 rebounds per game, which he was third in this statistic in the league in 2008/09 , Even placed second in 2009/10. His point stats there were also in double digits in all seasons. In 2009 he won the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament with his team and was named best player. In his senior season, Faried was named to the Second All-American Team . He finished his college career with 1,673 rebounds, making him the most rebounds in NCAA history .
Faried was selected in the 2011 NBA draft process in 22nd place by the Denver Nuggets . In his first season he impressed with 10.2 points and 7.7 rebounds per game and hit 58.6% from the field. He also reached the play-offs with the nuggets . As a reward, he was named to the first NBA all-rookie team and third in the rookie of the year election . In his second season he took part in the BBVA Rising Stars Game . He led his selection to victory with 40 points and 10 rebounds and was then elected MVP of the game. He scored an average of 13.7 points and 8.6 rebounds per encounter in 80 missions over the course of the season. In October 2014, Faried extended his contract with the Nuggets for several years. But in the years to come, his performance continued to decline. In the 2017/18 season, for example, he had 5.9 points and 4.8 rebounds per game in just 32 season games, his weakest season to date. As part of a player swap, he was handed over to the Brooklyn Nets in the summer of 2018 together with Darrell Arthur and against a protected first-round selection right in the 2019 draft and another in the second draft round in 2020 , for which Denver received Isaiah Whitehead. In January 2019 he was released from them and then signed by the Houston Rockets . There he made a good impression in 25 missions up to the end of the 2018/19 season when he recorded 12.9 points of 8.2 rebounds per encounter, but received less time after the return of the previously injured Swiss Clint Capela .
With the USA Faried became basketball world champion in September 2014. In nine World Cup games, he came to an average of 12.4 points and 7.8 rebounds.
Faried is a Muslim and has a daughter.
- Player profile in college
- Kenneth Faried - player profile on NBA.com
- Appointment to the All-American Second Team
- Kenneth Faried - player profile on basketball-reference.com
- Kenneth Faried - Men's Basketball. Retrieved June 9, 2019 .
- Cavaliers' Kyrie Irving named Kia Rookie of the Year ( Memento of the original from May 17, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Team Shaq at Team Chuck ( Memento of the original from February 16, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Nets waive veteran forward Faried
- Jeremy_Brener: Rockets Roster Moves: Kenneth Faried officially signed, James Nunnally waived. January 21, 2019, accessed June 9, 2019 .
- Official NBA bio of Kenneth Faried. Retrieved June 9, 2019 .
- 2018-19 year in review: Kenneth Faried. In: Rockets Wire. June 7, 2019, accessed June 9, 2019 .
- fiba.com , accessed on September 16, 2014
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Faried Lewis, Kenneth Bernard (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American basketball player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 19, 1989|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Newark , New Jersey|