Kirsten Heinsohn (born June 6, 1963 in Wedel ) is a German historian and deputy director of the Research Center for Contemporary History .
From 1982 to 1988 she studied at the University of Hamburg: New and Middle History, Economics, Political Science. From 1989 to 1990 she was a research assistant in the Peace Studies project group at Christian-Albrechts-Universität Kiel . With a doctoral scholarship from the University of Hamburg (1990–1992) and as a research assistant at the History Department of the University of Hamburg, she worked on her dissertation, which was awarded her PhD in 1995. From 1997 to 2001 she conducted research on the gender history of politics in the HSP III project under the direction of Barbara Vogels . She was a research assistant at the Institute for the History of German Jews from 2002 to 2013. After completing her habilitation at the University of Hamburg (Modern History) in 2006, she was Angelika Schaser's professor for Modern German History at the University of Hamburg in 2007/2008 . Dorothee Wierling represented her from 2009 to 2010 as Deputy Director of the Research Center for Contemporary History in Hamburg . At Bielefeld University she represented Martina Kessel from 2010 to 2011 on the professorship for modern history and gender history. From 2011 to 2013 she represented the director of the Research Center for Contemporary History in Hamburg / Professor at the University of Hamburg, Axel Schildt . From 2013 to 2015 she taught as Associate Professor Modern German History at the University of Copenhagen . Since December 2015 she has been the deputy director of the Research Center for Contemporary History.
Her work focuses on social and political history (19th and 20th centuries), the history of Hamburg, women's and gender history and Jewish history.
- Hamburg Association for the Promotion of Women's Education and Studies (1900–1924). An example of the development of the higher school system for girls in the German Reich . Hamburg 1988, OCLC 258638374 , (also Master's thesis, Hamburg 1988).
- Politics and gender. On the political culture of bourgeois women's associations in Hamburg 1871-1918 (= contributions to the history of Hamburg , volume 52). Association for Hamburg History, Hamburg 1997, ISBN 3-923356-82-X , (also dissertation, Hamburg 1995).
- as editor with Barbara Vogel and Ulrike Weckel : Between career and persecution. Spaces of action for women in National Socialist Germany (= history and gender , volume 20). Campus-Verl., Frankfurt et al. 1997, ISBN 3-593-35756-9 .
- as editor with Stefanie Schüler-Springorum : German-Jewish history as gender history. An interim balance (= Hamburg Contributions to the History of the German Jews , Volume 28). Wallstein, Göttingen 2006, ISBN 3-89244-942-2 .
- as editor with Susanne Lachenicht : Diaspora Identities. Exile, Nationalism and Cosmopolitanism in Past and Present . Campus-Verl., Frankfurt et al. 2009, ISBN 3-593-38819-7 .
- Conservative parties in Germany 1912 to 1933. Democratization and participation from a gender- historical perspective (= contributions to the history of parliamentarism and political parties , volume 155). Droste, Düsseldorf 2010, ISBN 978-3-7700-5295-0 , (also habilitation thesis, Hamburg 2006).
- with Rita Bake : "But what you mean by human rights is nothing else than men's rights". Theodor Gottlieb von Hippel 1793. On the history of the Hamburg women's movement and women's politics from the 19th century to the New Hamburg women's movement at the end of the 1960s . State Center for Political Education, Hamburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-929728-80-4 .
- as editor with Knud Andresen and Linde Apel : The spoken word counts. Oral History and Contemporary History Today. Dorothee Wierling on her birthday in 2015 . Wallstein-Verl., Göttingen 2015, ISBN 3-8353-1629-X .
- as editor with Klaus Weinhauer and Anthony McElligott : Germany 1916–1923. A Revolution in Context (= Histoire , Volume 60). Transcript, Bielefeld 2015, ISBN 3-8376-2734-9 .
- Research center for contemporary history in Hamburg
- Kirsten Heinsohn on Academia.edu
- Literature by and about Kirsten Heinsohn in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 6, 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||frond|