After studying journalism at the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, he worked as a coach and trainer in editorial offices and training institutes in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Singapore and Thailand.
From 1997 to 2001 Klaus Meier was a research assistant at the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt. In 2001 he became professor for journalism in the media department at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences . Together with colleagues, he designed the online journalism and science journalism courses . In September 2009 Klaus Meier was appointed to the chair for cross-media developments in journalism at the Institute for Journalism at TU Dortmund University. Since January 2011 he has been working at the Chair of Journalism I, Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt , in Eichstätt.
Klaus Meier works on the standard work “La Roche's Introduction to Practical Journalism” by Walther von La Roche . He wrote the first German-language textbook on online journalism ("Internetjournalismus", 1st edition 1997) and the first compact introduction to journalism as a science ("Journalistik", 3rd edition 2013, UVK Konstanz). In his dissertation he analyzed the changes in the editorial process that lead to the so-called newsroom ("Ressort, Sparte, Team", 2002). He is an expert in accreditation procedures for new courses at several agencies and universities. Meier is the recipient of the Ars legendi Prize for Excellent University Teaching 2017 , the most important award for university teaching in Germany.
Awards, jury work
- Dissertation Prize of the German Society for Media and Communication Studies ( DGPuK ), 2002 (2nd prize)
- Prize of the Eichstätter Universitätsgesellschaft for the dissertation, 2001
- Member of the jury for the election of the “Journalists of the Year” (Medium Magazin), 2007/2008 until today
- Member of the nomination committee of the "Grimme Online Awards", 2001
- Member of the jury of the Alternative Media Prize , Munich / Nuremberg, 2001 until today
- Ars Legendi Prize for Excellent University Teaching, 2017
- Literature by and about Klaus Meier in the catalog of the German National Library
- Klaus Meier's website
- Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (ed.): Klaus Meier's curriculum vitae . ( PDF 309kB [accessed on October 6, 2012]). PDF 309kB ( Memento of the original from December 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Website with more information on La Roche's Introduction to Practical Journalism
- Ars legendi Prize . In: Stifterverband . October 19, 2015 ( stifterverband.org [accessed October 9, 2017]).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German-speaking journalist and communication scientist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1968|