Schmeh is a computer scientist by profession. He studied computer science in Karlsruhe , specializing in encryption technology . Around 1995, in the early days of the Internet boom, he wrote his first articles for computer magazines on his specialty cryptography (data encryption), which is a sub-area of IT security . In 1998 his first book on the topic was published. Since 1997 he has worked in the computer industry for various encryption software companies.
He is a member of the skeptics organization Society for the Scientific Investigation of Parasciences (GWUP) and published a book on divination and astrology in early 2006 . In 2007 another popular science book and a revision of his cryptography book were published.
Safer Net. Cryptography in the Internet and Intranet. dpunkt , Heidelberg 1998.
- Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructures on the Internet. 2nd, updated and exp. Edition. dpunkt, Heidelberg 2001.
- Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure on The Internet. John Wiley , 2003.
- Cryptography. Procedures, protocols, infrastructures. 6th edition. 2016, ISBN 978-3-86490-356-4 .
- The 55 biggest flops in economic history - thrillers, crises, curiosities. Redline Economy, 2002, ISBN 3-8323-0864-4 .
- Top manager in 7 days - a language course for beginners and advanced learners. Eichborn , 2002 (under the pseudonym Volker Schmeh).
- David versus Goliath - 33 surprising company successes. Redline Economy, 2004, ISBN 3-8323-1057-6 .
- The cult factor - from marketing to myth: 42 success stories from Rolex to Jägermeister. Redline Economy, 2004.
- Titles, goals, transactions - a look behind the scenes of the football business. Redline Economy, 2005.
- The world of secret signs. W3L , Bochum, 2004, ISBN 3-937137-90-4 .
- Planets and Prophets - A Critical Look at Astrology and Divination. Alibri , 2006.
- The Trojan horse. Classic myths explained. Heap 2007.
- Code breakers versus code makers. W3L, Bochum, 2007.
- Why yawning is contagious. On the trail of everyday puzzles , Gondrom, Bindlach 2008, ISBN 978-3-8112-3026-2 .
- Hidden messages; The fascinating story of steganography . Heise, Hannover 2009, ISBN 978-3-936931-54-9 .
- Unsolved, from unsolved Enigma codes to the letters of the Zodiac killer. Hanser, Munich 2012, ISBN 978-3-446-42923-9 .
- Literature by and about Klaus Schmeh in the catalog of the German National Library
- Website by Klaus Schmeh
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German computer scientist and non-fiction author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||2nd October 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Villingen-Schwenningen|