State Office for Environment, Nature Conservation and Geology Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania
State Office for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Geology
|State level||Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania|
|position||Higher regional authority|
|Supervisory authority||Ministry of Agriculture and Environment , Ministry of Economy, Labor and Health , Ministry of Home Affairs and Europe|
|founding||January 1, 1999|
|Headquarters||Guestrow , Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania|
|Authority management||Ute Hennings|
The State Office for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Geology (LUNG) is a scientific and technical authority of the State of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania . The State Office is assigned to the Ministries for Agriculture and Environment , Economy, Labor and Health and the Ministry of the Interior and Europe . It is based in Güstrow with branches in Schwerin , Stralsund , Greifswald and Sternberg .
The state office is divided into five departments .
- Department 1: General Department
- Department 2: Nature Conservation and Nature Parks
- Department 3: Geology, Water and Soil with the Departmental Group "Geological State Service"
- Department 4: Environmental Analysis and Radiation Protection
- Department 5: Immission Control and Waste Management
The departments are again in departments organized as the smallest organizational unit.
The authority advises the state government and the municipalities of the state in planning the measures required for environmental protection. It also records, documents and evaluates the state of the environment in the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. This covers water, soil, immissions and waste as well as nature conservation, geology and radiation protection. The nature parks in the country are also assigned to the LUNG.
The LUNG was created on January 1, 1999 from the merger of the State Office for Environment and Nature (LAUN) with the State Geological Office (GLA).
Previous directors of the LUNG:
- 1999–2006: Ingbert Gans
- 2006–2007: Reinhard Wiemer, acting
- 2007–2019: Harald Stegemann
- since 2019: Ute Hennings
- 10 years State Office for Environment, Nature Conservation and Geology. (PDF; 4.8 MB) State Office for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Geology, p. 64 , accessed on June 11, 2009 .
- ^ Organization chart of the state office. Retrieved October 19, 2015 .
Coordinates: 53 ° 46 ′ 54.7 " N , 12 ° 10 ′ 33.1" E