|Original title||People people!|
|Country of production||Germany|
|ZDF , Prime Productions GmbH|
|Episodes||8 in 2 seasons|
|genre||Boulevard satire , comedy , political cabaret|
|First broadcast||February 21, 2012 on ZDF|
People people! was a boulevard - satirical television program that the German TV channel ZDF broadcast and Monika Gruber was moderated. The first broadcast took place on February 2, 2012, the last and eighth episode took place on December 11, 2012. In every issue, Monika Gruber cast a satirical - humorous look at the tabloid topics of the previous weeks. Various guests appeared and discussed with her. The show was characterized by its coarse expression. The name of the program was chosen based on the tabloid magazine People Today , which is also broadcast on ZDF .
|01||01||February 21, 2012||10:15 pm|
|02||02||March 6, 2012||10:45 p.m.|
|03||03||April 3, 2012||10:45 p.m.|
|04||04||May 8, 2012||10:45 p.m.|
|05||05||May 29, 2012||10:45 p.m.|
|06||01||4th September 2012||10:45 p.m.|
|07||02||October 16, 2012||11:30 p.m.|
|08||03||December 11, 2012||10:45 p.m.|
On December 16, 2012 it became known that there were disagreements between Gruber and ZDF about the show. As the magazine Der Spiegel reported, there are different opinions about how the show should be boulevard-esque. Gruber's contract with ZDF expired at the end of 2012 anyway. ZDF entertainment director Oliver Fuchs said: "We would be happy to continue to work with Ms. Gruber". Whether to continue with people, people! or other formats he left open.
- DWDL.de (Thomas Lückerath): “Hardly anyone else on German television is that snappy and angry. (...) Monika Gruber , but also her guests such as Oliver Kalkofe , did not mince their words and, in addition to all sorts of well-hung rubbish, also fired quite a few accurate media criticism. "
- Süddeutsche Zeitung (Carolin Gasteiger): “The gags look very flat and constructed - Heidi and Seal split up, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher , Lothar Matthäus and his main brain. Haha. It may work on the cabaret stage, with the typical Gruber Bavarian snout. But here Gruber seems a little lost, her punch lines too rehearsed. "
- Episode list people, people! In: wunschliste.de. February 22, 2012, accessed December 16, 2012 .
- Alexander Krei: ZDF satire show "People, People" pauses for the time being. In: DWDL.de . December 16, 2012, accessed December 16, 2012 .
- Tobias Hase: Gruber stops with the ZDF show “People, People!”. In: Focus.de . December 16, 2012, accessed December 16, 2012 .
- Thomas Lückerath: "People, People": Humor that one must be able to afford. In: DWDL.de . February 21, 2012, accessed December 16, 2012 .
- Carolin Gasteiger: Satire with the mallet. In: SZ.de. April 16, 2012. Retrieved December 16, 2012 .