Louis Pahlow (born September 28, 1970 in Gießen ) is a German legal scholar and has held the Chair for Modern and Contemporary Legal History, Civil Law and Commercial Legal Protection at Goethe University Frankfurt am Main since 2012 .
From 1990 to 1998 Pahlow studied law , medieval and modern history at the universities of Giessen , Bayreuth and Munich . After his first state examination in 1995, he worked as a research assistant in Munich and Bayreuth. He then completed his legal clerkship at the Munich Higher Regional Court . In 1998 he received his doctorate in law at the University of Giessen. The doctoral thesis was published in 2000 under the title “Justice and Administration. On the theory of the separation of powers in the 18th and 19th centuries ”. After his second state examination in law, he worked as an assistant at Diethelm Klippel in Bayreuth and completed his habilitation in 2005 with a thesis on “Licenses and licensing agreements in intellectual property law”. Pahlow received the venia legendi for the subjects civil law, industrial property rights and copyright law, German legal and constitutional history and modern private law history. From 2007 to 2009 Pahlow was a professor at the University of Mannheim , where he co-founded and chaired the Interdisciplinary Center for Intellectual Property at the University of Mannheim eV He was a professor at the Saarland University from 2009–2012. Since 2012 he has been a professor at the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main, where his research focus is, in addition to the core subjects of civil law with references to commercial legal protection, in particular on recent and recent legal and constitutional history. He is a member of the board of directors of the International Max Planck Research School for Comparative Legal History, lecturer in civil law (EMAT) and intellectual property law (MBA Mannheim / Shanghai) at the Mannheim Business School and part editor for the field of law of the Encyclopedia of Modern Times .
- License and license agreement in the law of intellectual property , Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck 2006, ISBN 978-3-16-148937-2
- Justice and administration: on the theory of the separation of powers in the 18th and 19th centuries , Goldbach: Keip 2000, ISBN 978-3-8051-0886-7
- Scientific Advisory Board of the Interdisciplinary Center for Intellectual Property at the University of Mannheim eV
- German University Association
- Association for Constitutional History
- German Association of Historians
- Civil Law Teachers Association
- German Association for Commercial Legal Protection and Copyright eV
- Literature by and about Louis Pahlow in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal historian and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 28, 1970|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||to water|