Diethelm Klippel (born January 7, 1943 in Trier ) is a German law scholar and university professor.
Klippel studied law , political science , sociology and modern history in Marburg , Nottingham and Giessen . In 1975 the doctorate to Dr. iur. in casting. He completed his habilitation in 1982 with Dieter Schwab in Regensburg .
After professorships in Gießen ( civil law ) and Bielefeld (civil law, commercial law and German legal history), Klippel received the chair for civil law, German and European legal history at the Justus Liebig University in Gießen in 1987. From 1995 to 2012 he was full professor for civil law and legal history at the University of Bayreuth . He was also the spokesman for the management committee of the DFG graduate college for intellectual property and the public domain at the University of Bayreuth. In the 2000/2001 college year, Klippel was a research fellow at the Historical College in Munich. He was also chairman of the Association for Constitutional History from 2001 to 2006 . He is the specialist editor of the Encyclopedia of Modern Times. Klippel is currently Dean of the Law Faculty of the Private University in the Principality of Liechtenstein.
In Klippel habilitated among other Heiner Lück , Louis Pahlow and Sylvia Kesper Biermann .
Klippel married in 1978 and has three children.
Function in the commission "Self-regulation in science"
As the responsible ombudsman at the University of Bayreuth, Klippel and the “Self-Regulation in Science” commission dealt with questions of “scientific misconduct” that arose from the “Guttenberg case” from February 2011. Plagiarism allegations had been brought against the Federal Defense Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg in connection with his legal dissertation from 2007 at Bayreuth University, constitution and constitutional treaty. As chairman, Klippel was a member of the examination committee in the doctoral procedure for Guttenberg's doctoral thesis. The University of Bayreuth announced on February 23, 2011 that, according to the decision of the doctoral committee of the Faculty of Law and Economics in Guttenberg, the doctoral degree would be revoked because his dissertation had violated scientific obligations "to a considerable extent". In connection with the affair, Klippel spoke in the Süddeutsche Zeitung with an article on the relationship between doctoral candidate and doctoral supervisor.
- Political freedom and freedom rights in German natural law of the 18th century (= legal and political science publications of the Görres Society , New Series, Issue 23). Schöningh , Paderborn 1976, ISBN 3-506-73323-0 .
- The civil protection of the name. A historical and dogmatic investigation (= legal and political publications of the Görres Society , New Series, Issue 45). Schöningh, Paderborn 1985, ISBN 3-506-73345-1 ( online ).
- Contemporary legal history. The importance of legal history for civil law studies (= Giessen jurisprudential treatises , vol. 4). Brühlscher Verlag, Giessen 1985, ISBN 3-922300-28-6 .
- Natural law and legal philosophy in the 19th century. A bibliography, 1780 to 1850. Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2012, ISBN 978-3-16-152081-5 .
- Co-editor of the Zeitschrift für Neuere Rechtsgeschichte (ZNR) (Manz Verlag)
- Co-editor of the journal for intellectual property (ZGE)
- Co-editor of the intellectual property and competition law series ( Mohr Siebeck Verlag )
- Co-editor of the legal history series (Peter Lang Verlag)
- (Ed.) Natural law and the state. Political functions of European natural law (17th – 19th centuries) (= writings of the Historisches Kolleg. Colloquia 57) . Munich 2006, ISBN 978-3-486-57905-5 ( digitized ).
- Jens Eisfeld , Martin Otto , Louis Pahlow and Michael Zwanzger (eds.): Natural law and the state in modern times. Diethelm Klippel on his 70th birthday. Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen 2013, ISBN 978-3-16-152462-2 (also contains a list of publications).
- Literature by and about Diethelm Klippel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Diethelm Klippel on the website of the DFG Graduate School "Intellectual Property and Public Domain" at the University of Bayreuth
- ↑ Website: https://www.ufl.li/universitaet/organisation/fakultaeten/rechtswwissenschaftliche-fakultaet/detail/team/role/2/
- ↑ Who is who? The German who's who. Edition 2003/2004, p. 738.
- ↑ University of Bayreuth: Special Tasks ( Memento from August 31, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- ^ University of Bayreuth recognizes zu Guttenberg's doctoral degree. (PDF; 66 kB). Media release No. 037/2011 from the University of Bayreuth of February 23, 2011; accessed on January 18, 2016.
- ↑ Doctoral candidate and supervisor - It doesn't work without trust , in: Süddeutsche Zeitung of March 2, 2011.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German legal scholar|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 7, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||trier|