Live and act
Luisa Francia claims to have grown up in a women's family in Bavaria. She learned mountaineering from her mother. She first studied German. She interned with the Manchester Evening Star , sang in clubs and in the musical Hair . Then she was a dance teacher for African dance.
Since the 1980s she has traveled several times to Africa, India and Nepal in search of magical traditions, folk medicine and shamanism and wrote reports and books about her experiences (including Waiting for Blue Miracles , The African Dream ).
In 1988 she received a grant from the German Literature Fund . In the early 1990s, she went around the Kailash on her own. Her book about female mountaineers was published in 1999 under the title The Lower Sky. Women in icy heights .
In her numerous publications, often in the advice style, she deals with the topics of witches, tarot , horoscope interpretation , goddesses, female shamanism and gives instructions for the design of magical and meditative rituals for life stages as well as for the everyday life of women. She also organized workshops and performances on these topics. Ariane Barth wrote in the Spiegel about Francia's 1986 book Mond - Tanz - Magie : “Anyone who reads her book about her design of thirteen moon festivals is easily seduced by the archaic power of this woman, seduced into a strange world in which modern intellectuality and magical ideas to get along with."
Francia co-wrote the screenplays for Margarethe von Trotta's feature films The Second Awakening of Christa Klages (1978), which was awarded the German Film Prize, and Sisters or the Balance of Luck (1979). She made her own films such as the documentary TV feature film Witches (1980) and wrote the theater monologue Fischmaul (1986).
Francia is the best-known representative of the witch scene, which emerged in Germany especially in the 1980s at the intersection of neo-paganism and feminism . Like the American Starhawk , she represents a socialist and feminist movement.
Luisa Francia has a daughter; she lives in Munich .
- Touch Vega, return to earth. Women's offensive, Munich 1982, ISBN 3-88104-120-6 .
- The African dream . Stechapfel, Zurich 1985.
- Moon, dance, magic. Women's offensive, Munich 1986.
- Dragon time. Women's offensive, Munich 1987.
- Magic thread. Women's offensive, Munich 1989.
- Failure at play. Women's offensive, Munich 1990.
- The dirty woman. Women's offensive, Munich 1991.
- The thirteenth door. Women's offensive, Munich 1991.
- Waiting for blue miracles. The green branch 151 / Werner Piepers MedienXperimente, Löhrbach 1991.
- Realm of stone . Women's offensive, Munich 1993, ISBN 3-88104-239-3 .
- Strong Medicine: A Guide to Self-Healing. Women's offensive, Munich 1995, ISBN 978-3-88104-266-6 .
- The lower sky. Women in icy heights. Nymphenburger, Munich 1999.
- The magic of arrival: a spiritual travel book to discover strong places. Nymphenburger, Munich 2000, ISBN 3-485-00837-0 .
- The wild look . Women's offensive, Munich 2000, ISBN 978-3-88104-328-1 .
- The magical cookbook. Recipes and secrets from wise women , Mary Hahn Verlag, 2001.
- The language of dream time. Art and magic. Women's offensive, Munich 2002.
- Dwellings of the spirits . Nymphenburger Verlagbuchhandlung, Munich 2002.
- Xamuma: Diary notes and reports from Africa. Pieper / Grüne Kraft, Löhrbach 2004, ISBN 3-922708-34-X (= The green branch 216).
- Narrengold (detective novel), Werner Pieper & The Grüne Kraft, Löhrbach 2004.
- Ball magic. The magic of football. Nymphenburger, Munich 2006, ISBN 978-3-485-01074-0 .
- Exchange of words. Women's offensive, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-88104-375-6 .
- Protected, preserved, saved: How magical protection really works. Nymphenburger, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-485-01104-4 .
- Kubaba's Pomegranate: My Journey to Healing. Nymphenburger, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-485-01131-0 .
- Dog days. Crocodile Tears: Living With Climate Change. Women's offensive, Munich 2008, ISBN 978-3-88104-380-9 .
- Willow woman and meadow queen: magic and healing knowledge from nature. Nymphenburger, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-485-01169-3 .
- The goddess in the plumage. The female universe among Celts and Teutons. Nymphenburger, Munich 2010.
- The treasure keeper: classic fairy tales retold. Nymphenburger, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-485-01357-4 .
- Everyday magical life: rituals and magic recipes. Nymphenburger, Munich 2011, ISBN 978-3-485-01340-6 .
- Women's power, women's wisdom: to go your own way with joy. Nymphenburger, Munich 2014, ISBN 978-3-485-02809-7 .
- Protection rituals. Effective help for everyday life. Nymphenburger, Munich 2014.
- Animals as magical helpers: dancing cats, singing dogs, talking horses . With 25 drawings by Luisa Francia, Nymphenburger, Munich 2015, ISBN 978-3-485-02837-0 .
- If you don't want to get old, you have to die first. Thinking about the last lifetime. Nymphenburger, Munich 2016.
- At home in the body: seeking healing, finding healing. Nymphenburger, Munich 2017, ISBN 978-3-485-02935-3 .
- Witches (1980) documentary television film about the time of the Inquisition with Annamirl Bierbichler and Sepp Bierbichler .
- The stranger is stranger only in a stranger . An ethnological look at the rituals in a German gymnasium (Grafing), for: Under German roofs (first broadcast 1979, ARD, 1984).
- Literature by and about Luisa Francia in the catalog of the German National Library
- Luisa Francia in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Luisa Francia's web diary
- Francia, Luisa , in: Kürschner's German Literature Calendar 2012/2013, Walter De Gruyter, ISBN 978-3-11-027424-0 , p. 273
- The African dream , reception in: Yoshinori Shichiji (ed.): Encounter with the foreign: Theory of Alterity , Iudicium Verlag 1991, ISBN 978-3-89129-902-9 , p. 112f.
- Kürschner's German Literature Calendar 2012/2013
- Luisa Francia in conversation with Isabella Schmid, ARD alpha Bildungskanal, 2002, October 24, 2011
- Ariane Barth: As close as a lover , DER SPIEGEL 17/1987. On-line
- Helmut Schndel: Bravbrav DIE ZEIT, April 25, 1986 No. 18, online
- Felix Wiedemann: Race mother and Rebellin. Images of witches in romanticism, völkisch movement, neo-paganism and feminism , royal houses a. Neumann 2007, ISBN 978-3-8260-3679-8 , p. 317
- Anna Fedele et al. (Ed.): Gender and Power in Contemporary Spirituality , Routledge 2012, ISBN 978-0-415-65947-5 , p. 53
- Review at Perlentaucher.de
- Review, "Writing about Africa", Goethe-Institut
- Program for Sunday, February 19, 1984
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German author and filmmaker|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 2, 1949|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Grafing near Munich|