Margit Schreiner attended school in Linz, where she graduated from high school in 1971 . She then studied German and psychology at the University of Salzburg . From 1977 to 1980 she stayed in Tokyo , where she initially continued her studies, but then dropped out to start writing literary texts. From 1980 she worked as a secretary at the University of Salzburg. She has been a freelance writer since 1983. In 1990 the Austrian state awarded her a literary scholarship . In the same year she was invited to the Ingeborg Bachmann Competition for the first time , but was excluded for formal reasons; in the 1998 reading competition , she took part with her story The Bag . After stays in Paris , Berlin and Italy , she has lived in Austria again since 2000.
Margit Schreiner is a member of the GAV .
- The roses of St. Benedict. Love and hate stories . Haffmans, Zurich 1989
- My first negro. African memories . Haffmans, Zurich 1990
- The oppression of women, the virility of men, Catholicism and the filth. Novel in stories . Haffmans, Zurich 1995
- Naked fathers . Novel. Haffmans, Zurich 1997; Schöffling, Frankfurt am Main 2004, ISBN 3-89561-274-X ; Goldmann, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-442-45813-7
- House, women, sex . Novel. Haffmans, Zurich 2001; Goldmann, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-442-45614-2
- That means to love . Schöffling, Frankfurt am Main 2003, ISBN 3-89561-273-1 ; Goldmann, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-442-45814-5
- Bruno and me. 52 stories . Resistance, Linz 2005, ISBN 3-85285-128-9
- Book of Disappointments . Schöffling, Frankfurt am Main 2005, ISBN 3-89561-276-6 ; Goldmann, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-442-46282-7
- House, peace, break . Schöffling, Frankfurt am Main 2007, ISBN 978-3-89561-277-0 ; Goldmann, Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-442-46980-2
- Does Thomas Bernhard write women's literature? About literature, life and other illusions . Schöffling, Frankfurt am Main 2008, ISBN 978-3-89561-278-7
- About space-times, time-spaces, five minutes and events in the here and now (with Dieter Kleinpeter ). Provincial Library, Weitra 2010, ISBN 978-3-900000-96-7
- The animals of Paris . Novel. Schöffling, Frankfurt am Main 2011, ISBN 978-3-89561-279-4
- The human balance . Novel. Schöffling, Frankfurt am Main 2015, ISBN 978-3-89561-280-0
- No more space . Novel. Schöffling, Frankfurt am Main 2018, ISBN 978-3-89561-281-7
- 1986: Theodor Körner Prize
- 1990: Austrian State Scholarship
- 1994: Scholarship from the German Literature Fund
- 2000: Ben Witter Prize
- 2004: Culture Prize of the Province of Upper Austria
- 2006: Art Award of the City of Linz
- 2008: Fiction Prize of the Linz Book Fair "Litera"
- 2009: Austrian Prize for Literature
- 2015: Johann Beer Literature Prize
- 2015: Heinrich Gleißner Prize
- 2016: Anton Wildgans Prize
- Literature by and about Margit Schreiner in the catalog of the German National Library
- Margit Schreiner's website
- Margit Schreiner in the literature archive of the Austrian National Library
- Entry on Margit Schreiner by Christa Gürtler for the Upper Austrian literary history of the StifterHaus
- Neues Volksblatt: Johann Beer Prize for Upper Austria. Author Margit Schreiner ( Memento of the original from November 8, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. . Article dated November 7, 2015, accessed November 8, 2015.
- derStandard.at: Author Margit Schreiner receives Heinrich Gleißner Prize . Article dated November 30, 2015, accessed December 2, 2015.
- orf.at - Anton Wildgans Prize 2016 to Margit Schreiner . Article dated July 25, 2016, accessed July 25, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 22, 1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Linz|