Martin Fochler (born June 10, 1946 in Sachsenhausen ) is a chemical laboratory assistant and has been a functionary in various socialist and communist political organizations since the early 1970s . He is currently a member of the Left Party City Councilor Brigitte Wolf in the Munich City Council .
He was one of the founders of the Maoist Communist Federation of West Germany , which emerged from the Socialist German Student Union in Heidelberg and, as deputy secretary, was one of its most important management members alongside Joscha Schmierer . He had been a member of the Central Committee or its Standing Committee without interruption since 1973 and was considered the " gray eminence " of the organization. He only became known to the public when he took over Joscha Schmiter's post as secretary of the KBW in June 1975 while he was in prison. In the summer of 1975 he appeared at the violent demonstrations against price increases in local public transport in Heidelberg and Frankfurt (Main), which the KBW helped to organize . In 1977 "level-headed demonstrators" prevented Fochler from calling for a violent storming of the Brokdorf nuclear facilities . In the same year he was noticed by some radical utterances in interviews. From the end of June 1978 to June 1980 he was the editor-in-chief of the Communist People's Newspaper .
In 1980 he was at the head of around 600 members of the Communist Federation of West Germany, who separated from it and founded the Bund West German Communists , because in his opinion the KBW had distanced itself from the founding manifesto. From 1978 Joscha Schmierer had started to question the program of the West German communists because of the political ineffectiveness of the KBW's policy . Fochler is a co-founder of the journal Politischeberichte . This is published by GNN-Verlag , of which he is the managing director.
After the BWK dissolved itself as a political party, Fochler made a significant contribution to rescuing its structures in the western regional associations of the PDS as working groups "in and with the PDS". These post-BWK connections are currently organized in the 'Association for Political Education, Left Criticism and Communication' and the magazine 'Political Reports' published by it. Fochler is a manager here.
Fochler is married and lives in Munich.
As long as there is imperialism, there is war . (Ed. By the ZK des KBW), 2nd revised edition, 5. – 8. Tsd., Frankfurt, Kühl KG, Verlagsgesellschaft Kommunismus und Klassenkampf (VKK), 1977 (published anonymously), on this critical:
- Hans-Gerhart Schmierer ("ges."), Strategy and tactics in the fight against the danger of war must be clarified if the revolution is to forestall war , in: Communism and Class Struggle No. 6 / June 1980. pp. 15–19
- Gerd Langguth : Protest movement. Development, decline, renaissance: Die Neue Linke since 1968. 2nd edition, Verlag Wissenschaft und Politik, Cologne 1984, pp. 96–100. (on the KBW split and the BWK)
- Gerd Koenen : The red decade. Our little cultural revolution 1967-1977. 2nd edition, Kiepenheuer & Witsch , Cologne 2001, ISBN 3-462-02985-1 . (for Martin Fochler see pp. 415–417, 439–442, 445, 449–450, 453–460)
- Gerd Koenen, The Red Decade , p. 449
- cf. Der Stern , No. 29 of July 10, 1975, pp. 120f .; on this The lie is a bad crutch , KVZ , No. 28 of July 17, 1975, p. 16; -MF- Heidelberg: The enforcement of the fare increase cost the state apparatus of violence dearly , in: KVZ No. 26 of July 3, 1975, p. 9
- "... and on the part of the bourgeoisie the main sacrifice will be that they come to the point where they can no longer live by parasitizing on someone else's work, the sacrifice will essentially consist in shoveling. If the capitalist class is machine guns, cannons and whatever they want , sets in to keep free from the usual lot of having to work on the machine, so she shouldn't be surprised if she is largely shot before it. Anyone who is so work-shy will come to a bad end. " , in: Monitor interview of June 23, 1977 , printed in the Communist People's Newspaper. Documentation. Away with the prohibition applications (...), 1977, p. 12 and here especially p. 14
- Archived copy ( Memento of the original from October 28, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German chemical laboratory assistant, party official|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 10, 1946|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt-Sachsenhausen|