Melanie Waelde (born May 24, 1992 in Dachau ) is a German film director , screenwriter and author . Her debut film Naked Animals was honored as the best debut film by the industry event European Work in Progress in Cologne 2019 and presented at the Berlinale 2020 in the Encounters section .
Live and act
According to her own statements, Melanie Waelde grew up in Bavaria between church and cows before moving north. From 2013 to 2017 she studied screenwriting at the German Film and Television Academy Berlin (dffb) . As part of her thesis, she wrote the screenplay for Naked Animals in 2017 . She works as a freelancer, writes scripts and directs.
Melanie Waelde also writes short stories and appears regularly as a text performer at the Potsdam Performance Festival .
In 2015 Melanie Waelde was honored with the German Young Talent Award for her documentary Like in Africa . Her feature film debut Nackte Tiere was awarded the Zoom Medienfabrik Award as the best debut film at the European Work in Progress, a three-day industry event during the Film Festival Cologne in Cologne, in 2019 .
- 2012: Big, Strong Brother (short film), screenplay and director
- 2012: Irrdisch (short film), screenplay and direction
- 2013: Like in Africa (documentary), screenplay
- 2014: Sticky Desert Dust (short film), screenplay and director
- 2015: Trust the Girls (short film), screenplay and director
- 2016: Motten (short film), screenplay and direction
- 2016: Thou (short film), screenplay
- 2017: Copywriter (short film)
- 2017: For Umme (web series), screenplay
- 2017: Without you (short film), director
- 2018: Glitzer und Staub (documentary), screenplay
- 2018–2019: Schloss Einstein (TV series), screenplay
- 2019: Naked Animals , screenplay and direction
- Blessed (short story) In: Die Novelle - Zeitschrift für Experimentelles. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, North Charleston 2014, ISBN 978-1-500-17435-4 .
- Melanie Waelde. IMDb, accessed February 25, 2020 .
- Melanie Waelde. In: Into the Wild. June 4, 2017, accessed February 25, 2020 .
- European Work in Progress Cologne 2019 announces this year's award winners. In: European Work in Progress Cologne. October 17, 2019, accessed on February 27, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German director and screenwriter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 24, 1992|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dachau|