Mercedes-Benz EQ is a sub-brand of Mercedes-Benz established by the automobile manufacturer Daimler in 2016 . Daimler itself calls EQ a product and technology brand . In addition, smart's electric vehicles are also referred to as smart EQ. The associated slogan is "Electric Intelligence".
The Mercedes-Benz EQ portfolio is to include all future electrically powered automobiles from Mercedes-Benz as well as related products and services. The manufacturer also uses the abbreviation EQ in EQ Power , which is supposed to stand for the electric and plug ‑ in ‑ hybrid technology from Mercedes ‑ Benz, as well as for the thematically appropriate EQ Ready app for electric mobility.
The Concept EQ was presented at the Paris Motor Show 2016. It is a purely electrically powered concept vehicle in the form of an SUV coupé with permanent all-wheel drive. It has two electric motors with a system output of up to 300 kW, depending on the scalable battery components. The range is specified with up to 500 kilometers. Daimler describes this vehicle as the “harbinger” of its new brand.
The Concept EQA was presented at the IAA 2017. It is a purely electrically powered concept vehicle in the compact class with permanent all-wheel drive. It has two electric motors with a system output of over 200 kW. The range is up to 400 kilometers, depending on the installed battery capacity. The battery is produced by the Daimler subsidiary Deutsche Accumotive ; it is a lithium-ion battery with pouch cells .
In 2019, the Concept EQV was presented at the Geneva Motor Show , according to Daimler the first purely battery-electric MPV in the premium segment. A series model is planned on this basis and will be presented at the IAA 2019.
The VISION EQS was presented at the IAA 2019, which is intended to be an electric vehicle based on the S-Class and which is expected to go into series production in 2021.
In 2019, the SUV EQC based on the Concept EQ was the first series model to hit the market. It is to be produced in the Bremen plant and at Beijing Benz Automotive in Beijing on the basis of the Mercedes GLC .
On September 4, 2018, the model was presented to the public in Stockholm and technical data was published.
smart EQ fortwo / smart EQ forfour
- The new EQC: The Mercedes-Benz among electric vehicles. | Daimler. Retrieved September 6, 2018 .
- smart electromobility - model overview. In: smart.com. Retrieved September 5, 2018 .
- Concept EQ - Rethinking mobility. In: mercedes-benz.com . June 16, 2017 ( mercedes-benz.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- EQ - Electric Intelligence. The new brand for electromobility | Daimler . In: Daimler . ( daimler.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- Ready to Charge. Electromobility from Mercedes-Benz with EQ Power. In: aktion.mercedes-benz.de. February 20, 2018, accessed July 20, 2018 .
- German Accumotive - Production. (No longer available online.) In: accumotive.de. Archived from the original on September 6, 2018 ; accessed on September 5, 2018 .
- Concept EQ. Retrieved June 20, 2018 .
- Mercedes-Benz Concept EQA - electric car in the compact class | Daimler . In: Daimler . ( daimler.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- World premiere of the Concept EQV: Concept EQV: Mercedes-Benz shows the outlook on the electric future of the premium MPV. Retrieved March 5, 2019 .
- Thomas Geiger: Here comes the electric S-Class. Auto Zeitung , September 10, 2019, accessed on September 11, 2019 .
- Mercedes EQC (2019): Preview, Technology, Erlkönig - autobild.de . In: autobild.de . ( autobild.de [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- Uli Baumann: Mercedes EQ: E-cars from Bremen, Sindelfingen, Tuscaloosa and Hambach . In: auto motor und sport . ( auto-motor-und-sport.de [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- Daimler continues to expand local production of Mercedes-Benz vehicles with its partner in China. In: daimler.com. February 26, 2018, accessed July 13, 2018 .
- Mercedes-Benz EQC celebrates its premiere in Stockholm. electrive.net, September 4, 2018, accessed September 4, 2018 .
- Holger Wittich: Mercedes innovations: These models will be available until 2022 . In: auto motor und sport . ( auto-motor-und-sport.de [accessed June 20, 2018]).
- EQ brand - Mercedes-Benz produces electric cars in Hambach | Daimler . In: Daimler . ( daimler.com [accessed June 20, 2018]).