Garhammer fashion house
|Garhammer fashion house|
|Seat||Waldkirchen , Lower Bavaria|
|management||Christoph and Johannes Huber|
|Number of employees||more than 500|
|sales||40.2 million euros|
|As of December 31, 2017|
The Garhammer fashion house is a family business in Waldkirchen . With almost 500 employees, it is one of the largest employers in the region. The managing directors are the great-grandchildren of the founder Johann Garhammer, Christoph (since 1997) and Johannes Huber (since 2010).
The house was founded in 1896 by Johann Garhammer on the market square of Waldkirchen. At the end of the Second World War, the building was destroyed (as was the neighboring town church ). Reconstruction began after the war. In 1987 the company had 170 employees and 3700 square meters of retail space.
In 2013, 15 million euros were invested in the extensive expansion of the fashion house. The architectural office Blocher Blocher Partners designed a modern building with integration in the west into the listed ring wall (around 1460) and in the east into the old town, which is under ensemble protection . The sales area was increased by almost 3,000 to 9,000 square meters. The Johanns restaurant (named after the company's founder), which opened after the renovation in the roof area, was awarded a Michelin star in 2014 under Michael Simon Reis .
Regular customers of the fashion house come from all over Bavaria and nearby Austria. There are over 70,000 customer cards, up to 4,000 are added annually. According to the company, more than 1000 people in Munich shop at Garhammer at least twice a year with their customer card. 3000 regular customers come from Austria.
2014, the fashion house was the trade association Germany for Store of the Year chosen. The jury praised the exemplary integration of the listed ring wall (1460–1470) into the building. In the same year, the fashion house was one of the six nominees for the World Retail Award in the category of houses with over 1200 square meters .
- 1999: Bavarian Quality Award : Corporate Quality in Retail
- 2006: German Retail Award , in the category of management performance in a niche of retail
- 2014: Store of the Year , German Retail Association
- 2014: A Michelin star for the integrated Johanns restaurant under Michael Simon Reis
- Pretty attractive , item on fire one
- 120 years of fashion house Garhammer , short report in BR television
- Photos of the new building integrated into the city wall at Blocher Blocher Partners
- Report on the World Retail Award , in Passauer Neue Presse
- Where customer service is not an empty promise , report in the Süddeutsche Zeitung
- garhammer.de: Imprint
- Annual financial statements for the 2017 financial year. Modehaus Garhammer GmbH. In: Bundesanzeiger , February 4, 2019, accessed on March 12, 2019.
- Garhammer fashion house. The company . In: Passauer Neue Presse . December 12, 2015.
- garhammer.de: history
- brandeins.de: Pretty attractive
- blocherblocher.com: Modehaus Garhammer GmbH ( Memento from January 9, 2017 in the Internet Archive )
- pnp.de: "Personal Outfit": Garhammer fashion house starts online trading
- Einzelhandel.de: Stores of the Year 2014
- Mittelbayerische.de: Garhammer fashion house honored for design
- bayerischer-qualitaetspreis.de: Prize winner since 1993