Live and act
Budwig attended high school in Los Angeles . After performing with Vido Musso in 1951 , he served three years in the US Navy . In 1954 he went to Los Angeles, where he was soon a sought-after studio musician. He performed with Barney Kessel , was a member of the Red Norvo Trio from 1954 to 1955 and then of Woody Herman's orchestra . Budwig worked with Zoot Sims , Shelly Manne , Shorty Rogers , Russ Freeman , Terry Gibbs , Bill Evans , Benny Goodman , Carmen McRae , Bud Shank , Bob Cooper , Vince Guaraldi , Cal Collins and later with Ellyn Rucker . He also became known in Europe through Jazz at the Philharmonic concerts.
He also worked on about three hundred albums. In 1978 he played the album Dig , a. a. with his wife Arlette McCoy , a.
- Shelly Manne & His Men: Concerto for Clarinet & Combo (Contemporary, 1957)
- Shelly Manne & His Men at The Black Hawk (Contemporary, 1960)
- Bill Smith : Folk Jazz (1960)
- Bill Evans: Empathy (Verve, 1962)
- Dig with Willie Bobo , Bob Brookmeyer , Joe Diorio , Billy Higgins , Arlette McCoy, Tom Ranier , 1978
- The Good Life with Frank Capp , Barney Kessel, Paul Smith, 1988
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Budwig, Monty Rex (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American jazz bassist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 26, 1929|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Pender , Nebraska|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 9, 1992|
|Place of death||Los Angeles , California|