A nomenclature ( Latin nomenclatura , directory of names ) is a collection of terms and technical terms from a specific topic or application area, which is binding for certain areas. The entirety of the terms valid in a subject area forms a terminology .
In the GDR, as in all socialist countries, it was used to denote responsibility for filling certain positions (now commonly referred to as the nomenklatura ). There were two levels of nomenclature: that of the state organs and that of the party.
Nomenclature by subject area
- Archeology: Prehistoric and early historical terminology and systematics
- Astronomy: nomenclature (astronomy)
- Biology: nomenclature (biology)
- Chemistry: nomenclature (chemistry)
- Computer science: naming convention (data processing)
- Technology: nomenclature (technology)
- Product nomenclatures
- Controlled vocabulary
- Thesaurus or word network is a controlled vocabulary in documentation science, the terms of which are linked by relations.
- List of bizarre scientific names from biology