Obyčajní ľudia a nezávislé osobnosti
|Obyčajní ľudia a nezávislé osobnosti
Ordinary people and independent people
|Party leader||Igor Matovič|
|founding||October 28, 2011|
|Colours)||Light green, gray|
|Parliament seats||National Council , 2020 )(|
|Number of members||45 (2020)|
|EP Group||Group of the European People's Party (Christian Democrats) (EPP)|
Obyčajní ľudia a nezávislé osobnosti ( Slovak for common people and independent persons , or Obyčajní ľudia , abbreviation OĽaNO or OĽ ) is a conservative protest party in Slovakia . OĽaNO is represented by 53 members of the National Council of the Slovak Republic .
In the 2010 parliamentary elections , OĽaNO members ran at the bottom of the list of Sloboda a Solidarita (SaS). Four OĽaNO members were elected to parliament by preferential votes . The OĽaNO MPs joined the SaS group and supported the Iveta Radičová government . After the group's spokesman, Igor Matovič, voted in a vote on a new citizenship law with the opposition SMER - sociálna demokracia , he was expelled from the parliamentary group.
On November 11, 2011, the association was registered as an independent party.
For the early parliamentary election in 2012 , the OĽaNO ran its own list. The 150 candidates also included members of the Slovak Pirate Party . The parliamentarians elected in 2010 ran for the last four places on the list. The OĽaNO landed in third place with 8.55% of the vote and 16 mandates.
In the 2016 parliamentary elections , the party won 19 of the 150 seats in the National Council of Slovakia with 11.0% of the vote.
OĽaNO was able to achieve one seat in both the 2014 European elections and the 2019 European elections . In the legislature from 2014, the party joined the group of European Conservatives and Reformers . After the 2019 election, OĽaNO MEP Peter Pollák joined the Christian Democratic EPP Group .
In the 2020 parliamentary election , the party received 25.0% of the vote and became the strongest force in the National Council of Slovakia with 53 of the 150 seats. They agreed a center-right coalition with Sme rodina , Sloboda a Solidarita and Za ľudí . Matovič was elected Prime Minister , OĽaNO, the largest coalition partner, has seven ministers in his cabinet .
Overview of election results
|year||choice||Share of the vote||Parliament seats||space||position|
|2012||National Council election 2012||8.6%||3.||opposition|
|2014||European elections 2014||7.5%||4th||-|
|2016||National Council election 2016||11.0%||3.||opposition|
|2019||European elections 2019||5.3%||5.||-|
|2020||National Council election 2020||25.0%||1.||government|
- Webra International Kft .: The Visegrad Group: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia - Ordinary People files request to be registered as political party in Slovakia . October 28, 2011.
- Wolfram Nordsieck: Slovakia . 2020. Accessed March 4, 2020.
- Dennik N: Liberal from OĽaNO Stančík: Záborská and Vašeček are not planning an inquisition or returning Slovakia to the Middle Ages . In: Dušan Mikušovič (ed.): Liberál z OĽaNO Stančík: Záborská s Vašečkom nechystajú inkvizíciu ani nevrátia Slovensko do stredoveku .
- Markiza: Matovic Establishes a platform for ordinary Christians . In: Ladislav Bariak, Ján Petrovič (ed.): Matovič zakladá platformu pre obyčajných kresťanov .
- SLOSIARIK Martin: Who and how voted in the 2020 elections - where OĽaNO took voters and who voted Smer . March 6, 2020.
- Birte Wassenberg: Euroscepticism at the EP elections in 2014: A reflection of the different patterns of opposition to the EU? . In: Olivier Costa (Ed.): The European Parliament in Times of EU Crisis: Dynamics and Transformations . Springer, 2019, ISBN 978-3-319-97391-3 , p. 287.
- Andrea Křtínová: Politická strana Olano jako Příklad populistické strany ( cs ) Masaryk University . 2009. Accessed December 10, 2019.
- Reuters: Slovak anti-corruption opposition parties score emphatic election win . In: Tomas Mrva, Jan Lopatka (Ed.): Slovak anti-corruption opposition parties score emphatic election win . Citácia elektronického document
- Dennik N: OĽANO already has a program: 11 questions is just the beginning, they want more direct democracy . In: Denisa Gdovinová (ed.): OĽaNO už má program: 11 otázok je len začiatok, chcú viac priamej demokracie .
- Actuality: interview with the Minister of Defense from the OĽaNO movement . In: Ladislav Bariak, Ján Petrovič (eds.): Nová posila OĽaNO: Na obrane musí skončiť papalašizmus .
- Richard Swales: Slovakia Election Post-Game: Guest Blogger Richard Swales on Preference Voting in Slovakia. In: Pozorblog , July 16, 2010.
- SaS chairman speaks about its new MPs from the Ordinary People civic association. In: The Slovak Spectator , June 15, 2010.
-  ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Candidate do NRSR 2012 ( Memento of January 7, 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- Entry on Obyčajní ľudia a nezávislé osobnosti in the European Parliament 's database of deputies