|Rajong municipality :||Pasvalys|
|Area (place) :||7 km²|
|Inhabitants (place) :||7,523 (2011)|
|Population density :||1,075 inhabitants per km²|
|Time zone :||EET (UTC + 2)|
|Postal code :||39001|
|Status:||Core town of the district of Pasvalys|
Location and inhabitants
Pasvalys is located on the Svalia River in the Panevėžys district in the north of the country and officially had 7,523 inhabitants in 2011.
Pasvalys was founded in 1497. Every year on September 20th, this event is commemorated with a city festival.
- Petras Avižonis (1875–1939), ophthalmologist
- Vytautas Kriščiūnas (1908–1991), civil engineer and politician
- Evaldas Gustas (* 1959), politician, minister of economics and vice minister
- Arūnas Kundrotas (* 1963), politician
- Raimundas Karoblis (* 1968), administrative lawyer, diplomat and politician
- Robertas Paužuolis (* 1972), handball player
- Pasvalys , in: Guy Miron (Ed.): The Yad Vashem encyclopedia of the ghettos during the Holocaust . Jerusalem: Yad Vashem, 2009 ISBN 978-965-308-345-5 , p. 578
- 2011 census. Statistics Departamentas (Lithuania), accessed on August 3, 2017 .