Peter Blythe has been in the northern English county of Yorkshire born. After serving in the Royal Air Force , he received a scholarship and studied drama at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art . He began his professional career as a repertory actor at the Living Theater Company , Nottingham Playhouse and the Royal Shakespeare Company . He made his West End debut in 1965. He lived with fellow actress Harriet Walter for eight years . However, when they were planning their wedding, he passed away.
Movie and TV
Blythe made himself rare in movie roles and was usually only seen in small supporting roles. He played his most important role in his last film The Luzhin Defense in 2000. He also played in the Hammer Film productions A Challenge for Robin Hood and Frankenstein Created Woman . His most successful film was Carrington from 1995.
In the television field, however, he has appeared in dozens of television series, mini-series and television films. His best known role was that of Samuel Ballard in the television series Rumpole of the Bailey (1983-1992). He played guest roles in episodes of Mit Schirm, Charme und Melone , UFO , Callan , Ein Fall für Scotland Yard , Poirot , Inspector Morse , Maigret , Between the Lines , Pie in the Sky , Goodnight Sweetheart , Dalziel and Pascoe and Foyle's War . His mini-series appearances included Barchester Towers , After the War, and The Alan Clark Diaries .
- The Creeper (St Martin's Theater, 1965)
- So What About Love? (Criterion Theater, 1969)
- The Chairman ( Globe Theater , 1976)
- Number One (The Queen's, 1984)
- Julius Caesar (Compass Theater Company, UK Tour, 1990)
- King Lear (Peter Hall Company at the Old Vic Theater , 1997)
- Hay Fever ( Savoy Theater , 1999)
- Hamlet ( Royal National Theater , US tour and some UK performances, 2001)
- Mrs. Warren's Profession (Strand Theater, 2002)
- Humble Boy ( Gielgud Theater , 2002)
- Henry V. ( National Theater / Olivier Theater, 2003)
One of Blythe's plays, Tom, Dick, and Harry , was performed at the Theater in the Round in 1972. He also wrote two volumes of poetry, Spring and The Light .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 14, 1934|
|DATE OF DEATH||June 27, 2004|