Peter Krenn (art historian)
Krenn studied art history , German and archeology in Graz and Vienna. From 1962 Krenn worked as an assistant at the Alte Galerie of the Landesmuseum Joanneum under its director Kurt Woisetschläger and completed a traineeship in weapons science at the Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna under Bruno Thomas . Krenn was head of the Landeszeughaus from 1968 to 2002 . In 1975 he received a teaching position for general art history at the University of Music and Performing Arts in Graz.
- The St. Veit carving workshop of the 18th century with its masters Johann Pacher and Johann Georg Hittinger. Diss. Dr. phil. 1962.
- with Kurt Woisetschläger: The Styrian late baroque painter Johann von Lederwasch around 1755–1826. Special exhibition, November 17 to December 13, 1966, publisher Alte Galerie at Landesmuseum Joanneum, Graz 1966.
- Chambers. Seiz. Church guide, Sankt Peter publishing house, Salzburg 1968.
- with Kurt Woisetschläger: Maria in Styrian Art. Special exhibition for the 750th anniversary of the Graz-Seckau diocese in the corner hall of the Landesmuseum Joanneum from August 30 to September 29, 1968, publisher Alte Galerie am Landesmuseum Joanneum, Graz 1968.
- with Kurt Woisetschläger: Old Styrian glories. 800 years of art in Styria . Second edition, Verlag Styria, Graz 1973, ISBN 3-222-10651-7 .
- Riegersburg. Main parish church hl. Martin. Church guide, Sankt Peter publishing house, Salzburg 1980.
- Tin figures . Special exhibition in the Landeszeughaus, June 13th - September 7th, 1980, Verlag Landeszeughaus, Graz 1980.
- with Kurt Woisetschläger (both as editor): with contributions by Géza Hajós , Wolfram Helke, Horst R. Huber, Viktor H. Pöttler, Amélie Sztatecsny: Dehio-Handbuch. The art monuments of Austria: Styria (excluding Graz). Berger Verlag, Horn / Vienna 1982/2006, 2nd unchanged edition, ISBN 3-85028-422-0 .
- Rifle and pistol. Rifles and pistols. Translation into English: Antonio Abbate, Kunstverlag Hofstetter, Ried im Innkreis 1990.
- with Luigi di Giovine (photos): The Landeszeughaus in Graz. Publishers: Bonechi in Florenz, Styria in Graz, Lahn in Limburg / Lahn 1991, ISBN 3-222-11719-5 .
- Sword and spear. Swords and spears. Translation into English: Antonio Abbate, Kunstverlag Hofstetter, Ried im Innkreis 1997.
- Eastern Styria. Your works of art, historical forms of life and settlement. Extended new edition, Styria regional series, Verlag Styria, Graz 1997, ISBN 3-222-12601-1 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian art historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Graz|