Shortly before the confluence with the Kinzig
|Water code||DE : 234116|
|Drain over||Kinzig → Rhine → North Sea|
|source||southwest of Rötenberg , a suburb of Aichhalden
|muzzle||In the Alpirsbach district of Rötenbach from the left into the Kinzig
|Height difference||approx. 274 m|
|Bottom slope||approx. 31 ‰|
|Catchment area||17.885 km²|
The Rötenbach rises at about Rötenberg ( Black Forest ), a suburb of Aichhalden in the Rottweil district , Baden-Württemberg , west of the Mostert forest near the Etzenbühl residential area. After flowing around Mostert in the south, it moves north-northeast and crosses Rötenberg itself. At Schoren, where he lives, he enters a forest valley, where his first tributary, Heftenbach, reaches him from the right and south-east. Then it runs northwards , here Grenzbach zu Alpirsbach in the Freudenstadt district on the right bank, passes the blueberry mill in Alpirsbach, takes up the Krebsbach again from the right and then flows past the Jörglesmühle and Lochmühle settlements, which also belong to Alpirsbach.southwest of
Below it enters the Alpirsbach municipality marker, at another Lochmühle that will soon follow, the valley widens and from the right the Waschbach coming from the east-northeast joins , whereupon the Rötenbach is permanently and now permanently open valley floor for its last almost three kilometers turns west-northwest. Under the fief forest on the now about 200 meter high right slope, it flows past the newer Dieboldsberg settlement at the foot of the slope and the spa on the right bank. Then it reaches the southern part of the Alpirsbach district of Rötenbach, which runs along the river, where it rises to around Kinzig , which is moving south here .from the left into the upper
On its 8.7 km long path, the Rötenbach has a gradient of over 270 meters in altitude or over 31 ‰. For this reason there were once many mills on its bank .
The L 422 runs through the valley on the longest section between Rötenberg and Rötenbach.
It covers 17.9 km². The highest point in it is on the southwest tip about one and a quarter kilometers southwest of the origin at about.
Hierarchical list of tributaries from source to mouth. Length of watercourse, catchment area and height according to layers on the LUBW online map. Other sources for the information are noted.
- Heftenbach, from the right and southeast to about
about 250 meters before the blueberry mill, 2.0 km and about 2.5 km². Rises at about in the northern Fluorner forest . From this tributary the Rötenbach is Grenzbach.
- (Another branch of the Heftenbach), from the left and south-southeast to about near the Rötenberger Hof Heftenbach, 1.4 km and approx. 1.2 km². Arises at about on the L 422 in the western Fluorner forest . This brook is soon followed by the border, after the confluence of the Heftenbach.
- Krebsbach, from the right and east to about
between Heidelbeer- and Jörglesmühle, 0.8 km on the name run and 2.4 km with the main line upper course Zellerbach and about 2.9 km². Arises at about at the Hofgruppe Hönweiler von Peterzell in the town of Alpirsbach from the confluence of the Zellerbach and Krebsbachgraben.
- Zellerbach, right upper reaches from the northeast, 1.7 km and approx. 1.9 km². Arises at about in Peterzell opposite the cemetery.
- (Graben to Krebsbach), left upper course from the southeast, 0.8 km and approx. 0.5 km². Arises at about south of Hönweiler.
- Waschbach, from the right and east-northeast to after the lower of the two hole mills, 2.2 km and about 1.9 km². Arises at over north of the farm tale of Alpirsbach-Peterzell.
- Height according to the contour line image on the background layer Topographic map from the online map server of the State Institute for the Environment, Measurements and Nature Conservation Baden-Württemberg (LUBW). See the → web links .
- Length according to the water network layer ( AWGN ) of the LUBW's online map server.
- area according to the basic catchment area (AWGN) layer of the LUBW's online map server.
- area measured on the background layer topographic map of the LUBW's online map server.
- Height according to the blue lettering on the background layer Topographic map of the LUBW's online map server.
- Topographical map 1: 25,000 Baden-Württemberg, as single sheet No. 7616 Alpirsbach and No. 7716 Schramberg