Ralf Hoffrogge (* 1980 in Lingen , Lower Saxony ) is a German historian .
Between 2000 and 2008 Hoffrogge studied history, political science and psychology at the Free University of Berlin . The publication Richard Müller - The Man Behind the November Revolution emerged from his thesis in 2008 . He then did his doctorate in 2013 at the University of Potsdam with a biography of Werner Scholem . Since 2014 he has been working at the Institute for Social Movements at the Ruhr University Bochum on a habilitation project on the subject of work in crisis - trade union crisis interpretations and crisis policy in Germany and Great Britain . His work focuses on the history of the labor movements and trade union history.
Hoffrogge was the Germany editor of the workerscontrol.net online archive from 2011 to 2014 and has been a member of the editorial board of WorkingUSA - The Journal of Labor and Society since 2011 . Since 2014 he has been part of the editorial team of the journal Arbeit - Bewegungs - Geschichte (year book for research on the history of the labor movement until 2015 ).
Hoffrogge's biography about Werner Scholem was awarded the “International Humanities Translation Prize” in October 2015 by the Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels .
As an author:
Richard Muller . The man behind the November Revolution. Karl-Dietz-Verlag, 2nd, corrected and expanded edition, Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-320-02354-6 (first 2008, Hartfrid Krause: review , H-Soz-Kult , April 1, 2009).
- Translation: Working-Class Politics in the German Revolution. Richard Müller, the Revolutionary Shop Stewards and the Origins of the Council Movement. Brill, Leiden 2014, ISBN 978-9-00421-921-2 .
- Werner Scholem . A political biography (1895–1940). UVK, Konstanz 2014, ISBN 978-3-86764-505-8 .
- Socialism and the Labor Movement in Germany and Austria. From the beginnings to 1914. Butterfly, 2nd, extended edition, Stuttgart 2017, ISBN 3-89657-691-7 (first in 2011 as socialism and labor movement in Germany ).
- Richard Müller: A History of the November Revolution. Verlag Buchmacherei, Berlin 2011 (annotated new edition of the trilogy Vom Kaiserreich zur Republik , The November Revolution and The Civil War in Germany from 1924/1925); Review on hsozkult
- together with Norman LaPorte: Weimar Communism as Mass Movement 1918–1933 , Lawrence & Wishart, London 2017, ISBN 978-191044-898-4 .
- together with Dieter Braeg: General Congress of Workers 'and Soldiers' Councils in Germany. 16. – 20. December 1918 Berlin - Stenographic Reports , Berlin 2018, ISBN 978-3-9819243-6-7 .
- Literature by and about Ralf Hoffrogge in the catalog of the German National Library
- Ralf Hoffrogge on the Ruhr University Bochum website
- Ralf Hoffrogge on Academia.edu
- Ralf Hoffrogge at H-Soz-Kult
- Short biography and reviews of works by Ralf Hoffrogge at perlentaucher.de
- ^ Author's page UVK.
- ↑ workerscontrol.net
- ↑ WUSA homepage. ( Memento from October 3, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- ↑ Humanities International - Winner 2015.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1980|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lingen , Lower Saxony|