The Reformatorisch Dagblad is a Dutch national daily newspaper . The newspaper appears six days a week in broadsheet format , Monday to Friday as evening and Saturday as morning paper. The editorial office is in Apeldoorn . The newspaper is published by the "Erdee Media Groep", while De Persgroep Nederland is responsible for part of the distribution . The paid circulation in the first quarter of 2008 was 54,466 (print) and 1,824 ( e-newspaper ) copies. The editor-in-chief is Wim Kranendonk .
The first edition of the Reformatorisch Dagblad appeared on April 1, 1971, a point in time at which the majority of the once church newspapers had partly or completely detached themselves from their background. Although there was no prospect of becoming a mass newspaper from the start, the Reformatorisch Dagblad was able to establish itself in a niche now that there were hardly any newspapers with a church background. In contrast to almost all other regional and national newspapers in the Netherlands, it has not lost its circulation since the turn of the millennium, also in view of the new competition in the form of the Internet and free newspapers.
Although the Christian-conservative direction is clearly recognizable in the comments ( abortion , evolution , gay marriage, etc.), there were also arguments for an aggressive approach to reality. This approach was also implemented in the reporting, which, for example, included an information event organized by COC Nederland .
In December 2004 the newspaper launched the Internet portal Yord, which is aimed at young people.
The orthodox character of the newspaper was also transferred to the website, which is still closed on Sundays today, this also applies to Yord (as of 2008).
- The list of Dutch newspapers shows the position of the Reformatorisch Dagblad compared to the other newspapers in the country
- Newspaper website (closed on Sundays)
- Yord, newspaper portal aimed at young people (closed on Sundays)
- Het Oplage Instituut ( Dutch / partly English)
- nu.nl: "Website Reformatorisch Dagblad weer op Sunday tight", 12 September 2005 ( Memento of the original on 13 August 2007 at the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link is automatically inserted and not yet tested. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (Dutch)