Reinhard Rieger studied zoology and botany at the University of Vienna . After completing his studies, he accepted an appointment at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the USA . Since 1985 he has taught zoology at the University of Innsbruck .
Rieger's main research areas were morphology , developmental biology and the evolution of basal animal groups, in particular the platelets . Most recently, he headed a working group researching the stem cells of turbellariums.
- Special zoology . 2nd edition Elsevier, Spektrum Akademischer Verlag, Munich 2007 (2 volumes, together with Wilfried Westheide).
- Protozoa and invertebrates . 2007, ISBN 978-3-8274-1575-2 .
- Vertebrates or skulls . 2010, ISBN 978-3-8274-2039-8 .
- Literature by and about Reinhard Rieger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Institute for Zoology - University of Innsbruck
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Rieger, Reinhard M.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian zoologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 10, 1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Linz|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 11, 2006|
|Place of death||Birgitz|