From 1977 studied Ricardo Eichmann Prehistory and Early History , Classical Archeology and Egyptology at the University of Heidelberg and in 1984 was with a dissertation entitled prehistoric aspects of floor plans in the Middle East doctorate .
Afterwards Eichmann was briefly professor for Near Eastern Archeology at the University of Tübingen from 1995 to 1996 . He has been First Director of the Orient Department of the German Archaeological Institute in Berlin since 1996 , and Margarete van Ess will succeed him in the position in autumn 2020 . His research interests include musical archeology of the Middle East and Egypt as well as building research in the Middle East.
Ricardo Eichmann is the youngest son of Adolf Eichmann and Vera Liebl. After the father's kidnapping in May 1960 - Ricardo Eichmann was five years old at the time - the mother and her children moved back to Germany in the early 1960s. Eichmann said he grew up without having to deal with the story of his father, who was not talked about in the family either. Ricardo Eichmann has no connection to his father and his past, rather he has developed a pacifist attitude.
- Uruk. The stratigraphy, excavations 1912–1977 in the areas 'Eanna' and 'Anu-Ziqqurrat'. Excavations in Uruk-Warka. Final reports 3, 2 volumes. Zabern, Mainz 1989.
- Coptic lutes. A music-archaeological investigation of seven long-necked lutes from the 3rd to 9th centuries. Century AD from Egypt. German Archaeological Institute Cairo, special publication 27. Zabern, Mainz 1994.
- Aspects of prehistoric floor plan design in the Middle East. Contribution to the understanding of certain ground plan features in selected Neolithic and Chalcolithic settlements of the 9th – 4th centuries. Millennium BC BC - with examples from European prehistory. Baghdad Research 12. Zabern, Mainz 1991.
- Uruk. The architecture I. From the beginnings to the early dynastic period. Excavations in Uruk-Warka. Final reports 14. Verlag Marie Leidorf , Rahden / Westf. 2007.
- with Lars-Christian Koch (ed.): Music archeology. Sounds of the past ( Archeology in Germany . Special issue 7). Konrad Theiss, Darmstadt 2015, ISBN 978-3-8062-3007-9 .
- Literature by and about Ricardo Eichmann in the catalog of the German National Library
- Profile at the German Archaeological Institute
- Focus online March 9, 2008 Archeology: Excavation with gun and camera , by Martin Kunz
- Andrea Hanna Hünniger : Digging the Past. Portrait in: Krautreporter from November 14, 2014
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Eichmann, Ricardo Francisco (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German archaeologist from the Near East|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Buenos Aires , Argentina|