Sabine Stieger (* 1982 in Steyr ) is an Austrian pop singer.
Stieger comes from a family of musicians and appeared on stage for the first time at the age of five; since then she has been working on her career as a singer. Stieger attended the fashion school in Linz for five years and studied jazz and popular singing at the Bruckner Conservatory in Linz. Sabine Stieger has lived and worked in Hamburg since 2011.
At a chance meeting in a recording studio in Steinakirchen , the former singer of " Lucy in the Sky " (since July 2002) was hired as a singer for Global Kryner in December 2004 .
Shortly afterwards, numerous television appearances followed a. a. at Inas Nacht , 3 after nine, at “40 Years Beat Club”, the Star Night in Montafon , Star Night at Lake Wörthersee , at the ORF show “50 Years Song Contest” and at the Eurovision Song Contest 2005 in Kiev .
With global.kryner she received the Austrian music award “ Amadeus ” in the category “Best pop-rock group national” in 2005 . With global.kryner there was also a collaboration with the music video producers DoRo ( Rudi Dolezal , Hannes Rossacher ). This collaboration resulted in a music video entitled Y así and a 45-minute documentary (February to May 2005).
The album Krynology , the first global.kryner album with Stieger , was released on May 23, 2005 . On Krynology she contributed her own composition I'll Be the One . For this and for her vocal achievements on the album, she was praised in the German and Austrian press and by music critics.
In 2006 she received the renowned cabaret and satire award " Prix Pantheon " with Global Kryner . Under the pseudonym Samy Jones, the Ernsthofner works on various pop, soul and R'n'B projects as a lyricist, songwriter and singer. The first release under the new name samyjones took place on December 12, 2005 on the collaboration album Marcus Reiter feat. Samy Jones: Living in a Waitingroom instead.
On October 31, 2013, after nine years, her job as the singer of Global Kryner ended when the band broke up.
- Global Kryner: Krynology . SonyBMG (May 2005)
- MR feat. SJ: Living in a waiting room . skymusic MEDIAPOOL (December 2005)
- Global Kryner: Away . Sony BMG 2008
- Global Kryner: Live in Luxembourg . Blauzucker / Hoanzl (2009)
- Samy Jones: Under the Surface . Planet M / Hoanzl (2009)
- Global Kryner: Cover Stories . Universal Music (2011)
- Samy Jones: Traveling Stranger . Earlab records (2013)
- Sabine Stieger: Sabinschky . Earlab Records (2015)
- Sabine Stieger: Stieger balm. Ear Lab Records (2017)
Her solo album Samy Jones - Traveling Stranger was released in February 2013 . On October 31, 2013 Sabine Stieger sang the last concert with Global Kryner.
Since 2014 Sabine Stieger has been working artistically on a new solo project under her real name. She mixes her Austrian dialect with pop and chanson, creating the Austro Chanson genre. In August 2014, the first forerunner of the new “Go please!” Program appeared. In February 2015, the first Austro Chanson album Sabinschky was released . On March 10, 2017, the second Austro Chanson album Stiegerbalsam was released .
- ↑ Sabine Stieger. (No longer available online.) In: Kulturbuehne-schruns.at. Archived from the original on January 9, 2015 ; accessed on January 9, 2015 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- ↑ Global.Kryner: Biography. In: laut.de. Retrieved January 9, 2015 .
- ↑ focus.de
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Samy Jones|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian pop singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1982|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Steyr|