|Height :||200 m above sea level NHN|
|Postal code :||31863|
Location of Salzburg in Lower Saxony
Salzburg is located on the western edge of the Osterwald , about 2 km east-northeast from the center of the town of Coppenbrügge, at an altitude of 200 m above sea level. NHN. The settlement can be reached from Marienau by an asphalt road, with roads connecting it with Coppenbrügge and Dörpe . Salzburg is located on Bergmannsweg, an approx. 21 km long hiking trail between Bad Münder and the village of Osterwald . The settlement consists of two parts about 500 m apart, known as Upper and Lower Salzburg.
In October 1731, the Prince Archbishop of Salzburg decided to expel the Protestant residents of his country. The Protestant states took in the refugees. The Electorate of Hanover initially waited, but in 1732 also agreed to not only support exiles in transit, but also to allow them to settle in the country. Among other things, a small settlement was created in Glashüttengrund on the west side of the Osterwald in what was then the Lauenau district , which was named Salzburg . This is where emigrants from the Berchtesgaden area settled.
Each of the six families received around 1.4 hectares of arable land, plus house land and a garden. Although there was evidence of a glassworks at the settlement site before 1700, according to tradition, the settlers were only active in agriculture and forestry. A part of the arable land available to them was not used as such and from the middle of the 19th century it was reforested with beeches as planned.
There was a restaurant in Salzburg that was closed in 2016.
- Meyer, RH: Expulsion of Salzburg and Berchtesgaden Protestants and their admission to Kurhannover 1733. For the 200th anniversary of the settlement of Salzburg in the Hameln-Pyrmont district 1733–1933. Uslar, H. Klapproth, 1932. 154 p. Reprint: Weser Druck, Hess. Oldendorf, around 1983
- 250 years of the Coppenbrügge-Salzburg emigrant settlement, Heimat 6 (1983) 189
- Bergmannsweg between Bad Münder and Osterwald . Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Wieland Kramer: Forest glassworks in the Osterwald . Association for the Promotion of Mining System Osterwald eV, Osterwald (Salzhemmendorf) 2014.
- Rainer Sabel leak: electoral Hanover as a transit and receiving country of Salzburg and Berchtesgaden emigrants . In: Thomas Behme, Manfred Dunger (ed.): Horizons of thought and scope for action: historical studies for Rudolf Vierhaus on his 70th birthday . Wallstein, Göttingen 1992, ISBN 9783892440475 , p. 137.
- Notice at the former restaurant in Salzburg, found on May 20, 2018