Samuel Nathaniel Behrman
He has written social comedies and screenplays.
His best-known stage work is the musical Fanny (1954) based on a model by Marcel Pagnol and the music of Harold Rome , which was performed 888 times on Broadway until 1956 under the direction of Joshua Logan .
- Biography and love . Comedy in 3 acts [German 1946]
- Literary template
- 1940: No Time for Comedy ( No Time for Comedy )
- 1948: The Pirate ( The Pirate )
- 1956: Gaby (source: previous script)
- 1933: My lips do not lie ( My Lips Betray )
- 1933: Queen Christine ( Queen Christina )
- 1934: The Scarlet Flower ( The Scarlet Pimpernel )
- 1935: Anna Karenina
- 1935: Escape from Paris ( A Tale of two Cities )
- 1938: Maria Walewska ( Conquest )
- 1938: Mein Mann, der Cowboy ( The Cowboy and the Lady )
- 1940: her first husband ( Waterloo Bridge )
- 1941: The woman with two faces ( Two-Faced Woman )
- 1951: Quo vadis? ( Quo Vadis? )
- 1958: Jakobowsky and the Colonel ( Me and the Colonel )
- Literature by and about Samuel Nathaniel Behrman in the catalog of the German National Library
- S. N. Behrman in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Members: Samuel N. Behrman. American Academy of Arts and Letters, accessed February 15, 2019 .
- Book of Members 1780 – present, Chapter B. (PDF; 1.2 MB) In: American Academy of Arts and Sciences (amacad.org). Retrieved February 15, 2019 .
|SURNAME||Behrman, Samuel Nathaniel|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 9, 1893|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Worcester, Massachusetts|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 9, 1973|
|Place of death||New York City|